A new OGL incarnation of D100

RosenMcStern

Hello all,

A new OGL game, heavily based on d100 and inspired by various incarnations of BRP, is now available. It is based on the OGL version of Mongoose RuneQuest 1, with some bits of the D20 OGL thrown in, but it is rather different from its ancestors, retaining less than 25% of them.

The main purpose of this system is to allow Alephtar Games to publish books that include the complete rules used. However, we chose to make it OGL and to make the playtest, that will now begin, absolutely public. All suggestions from people are welcome, and if they are incorporated in the game they will remain OGL, that is, available to the public for free. I hope to start playtest soon.

Here is the SRD. Please consider that it is still untested, which means that it could lack balance. It also lacks magic, at the moment, but v02 will have it.

Parpuzio Game System

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

Let us say it is rather going to replace our MRQ stuff. The Rome line will remain BRP, as well as Mecha, Celestial Empire and some of the Medieval products. It is possible that we release alternate versions of something that use this system, but this is still hypothetical.

I am, however, working on a Steampunk setting that will probably use this system.

Very interesting! Looks pretty good, from a quick glance. (Busy at the mo', soz - but I'll give it proper attention soon-ish).

Particularly the use of "Traits*" as modifiers to whichever skill is appropriate to the situation - a clever simplification.

(*Don't like that name though, because they're not like Pendragon (Personality) Traits. More like HW/HQ 'Keywords'? At least it's a better name than that!)

Later!

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

(*Don't like that name though, because they're not like Pendragon (Personality) Traits. More like HW/HQ 'Keywords'? At least it's a better name than that!)

Agreed and noted. I have opened a related thread in the Parpuzio discussion forum. The forum is open, feel free to add questions and comments, input is extremely welcome.

From what I have seen so far (not much, real life currently keeps my busy), the

system looks good. My only problem with it right now is also the term "Traits",

which is often used differently in other games, and therefore is a bit confusing

for me.

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

You could use Filzip, it is small, reliable and - best of all - completely free:

Thank you Rust. I've been using WinZip, but you can only unzip 30 files before it forces you to buy the full version.

I will definitely take a thorough look at this and let you what I think McStern. Thank you for sharing.

So far what I've read is great Rosen. I like your combat system, and what you did with Strike Ranks. The Traits feature is great. I know you want to call them something but I cannot think of any suggestions, "Traits" just seems to fit.

I look forward to powers and the finalized rules, I think its pretty good so far.