Foundry VTT Fan implementation

Dangermouse

I haven't used it to run a game yet, but I've made up a bunch of characters, and I really like this module so far. Using the built in item system to create skills etc made character creation easy. I just stuck them all in coloured folders to help with grouping.
image.png.871c17f522f03081985bb40c2e3336a5.png

The instructions are straight forward, the rolls look like they're handled well and the rest is up to the GM and the players.

There was only one 'gotcha' for me, and this could be operator error, I had trouble fixing mistakes I made during character creation if I dragged the wrong skill of advantage onto their sheet. I also couldn't rename skills once they were on the sheet. I had made some generic art, language, and science skills thinking I could rename them once they were on the sheet. The way around this is to set up your generic skills, duplicate and rename them in the item list as needed and then copy the desired skills to the sheet.

This is a fantastic piece of work and already has all that I'd need to run a game. Thank you for all your hard work.

Are there any specific modules you'd recommend as a good fit? I found one that lets you have a whiteboard in your journals.

The sacred sentence of science: "I might be wrong: let's find out." - David Brin

My Blog: http://grevsspace.wordpress.com/

Thanks for the feedback @Greville

On the skills front - if you right click on a skill on the character sheet you should get a context menu with edit and delete options.  Let me know if you're not seeing those.

image.png.d76742f8190b780ea6f2641d93882451.png

You've set your skills etc up exactly the same as I've done on my own version of ROL (great minds).

The only module I'm currently using is Dice So Nice, but I will put GM Screen back on at some point now that it's been updated.   I don't use a whiteboard but there's been an interesting thread over on the Foundry Discord Chaosium subchannel about this and options to do something like that.

• Like 1

Thanks, that worked perfectly this time. I had been opening the skills and the changes wouldn't stick, but now they are.
Generically named skills here:
image.png.79874c8370c5d957557e97fac5be5fe2.png

Perfectly renamed on the sheet:
image.png.dbd4b2960b85dda88dc037de235cc4de.png

It works fine. I even closed and reopened Foundry several times and the changes have remained.

Again really loving this implementation of Rivers of London it has everything I need.

The kind of modules I'm going to try out:

• Monks Action HUD (and others like it) to give the players an easily accessibly skill menu.
  • Shopkeeper mods, I plan on creating a number of weird and wonderful recurring locations for the players to visit (I haven't had good luck with these outside of DND so not holding my breath).
  • Maybe some better drawing tools for whipping up quick diagrams.

The sacred sentence of science: "I might be wrong: let's find out." - David Brin

My Blog: http://grevsspace.wordpress.com/

19 hours ago, Greville said:

Thanks, that worked perfectly this time. I had been opening the skills and the changes wouldn't stick, but now they are.
Generically named skills here:
image.png.79874c8370c5d957557e97fac5be5fe2.png

Perfectly renamed on the sheet:
image.png.dbd4b2960b85dda88dc037de235cc4de.png

It works fine. I even closed and reopened Foundry several times and the changes have remained.

Again really loving this implementation of Rivers of London it has everything I need.

The kind of modules I'm going to try out:

• Monks Action HUD (and others like it) to give the players an easily accessibly skill menu.
  • Shopkeeper mods, I plan on creating a number of weird and wonderful recurring locations for the players to visit (I haven't had good luck with these outside of DND so not holding my breath).
  • Maybe some better drawing tools for whipping up quick diagrams.

On the changes not sticking - if you'd been editing them in the "items" section (next to actors) then the changes are made to the game item.  When you've dragged an item on to a character sheet then a local copy is stored in the actor.  Makes changes to the local and master copies don't change the other version.  

I used Dungeon Alchemist for maps and locations (very easy import to Foundry) and Inkscape for diagrams.  After that it's Photoshop for other stuff

Edited by Dangermouse
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Sunspoticus said:

The different table modes threw us for a loop. Once we got past that, it was smooth sailing..

Took me some time to build out all the game data, but I have everything on the table from the rulebook now.... ONWARD!

Differrent table modes - is that the GM Tools or something else?  If there's something that needs more explanation or work then happy to update things.  I'm conscious I havent done much to update the implementation in quite some time.

I'm glad the rest was plain sailing 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, how are u guys doing? I was taking a look at the system you created, @Dangermouse, and congrats, mate! Such incredible work and effort you've put in here. It's nice to see how much you've gone through to do this whole thing!

Just a quick question. I dunno if it's a bug due to an update or anything, but I can't change the characteristics values. Do you have any ideas on what that problem might be?

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Carlosjms said:

Hey, how are u guys doing? I was taking a look at the system you created, @Dangermouse, and congrats, mate! Such incredible work and effort you've put in here. It's nice to see how much you've gone through to do this whole thing!

Just a quick question. I dunno if it's a bug due to an update or anything, but I can't change the characteristics values. Do you have any ideas on what that problem might be?

Go the GM Tools (bottom of the scene tools on the left) and turn on character creation mode - that should let you edit stats (though I can see if you do go over the stats total the format goes a bit funny - will add that to my "to-do" list along with updating instructions.

Edited by Dangermouse
  • Like 1

Folks, I’m going to do some updates to the Foundry implementation to for instructions and the format mentioned above. 

Now is the time to ask for new features (please don’t ask for packs of weapons, spells etc - if it’s not on the character sheet I can’t add that sort of content). 

cheers

V11 of Foundry implementation of Rivers has been released.  Compatible with Foundry V11-release 315.  A couple of minor presentational tweaks (tooltip over "Characteristic" to mention Character Creation mode, a note at the bottom of the Development Tab, some additional instructions calling these out, and a change to the format when Characterstics exceed the game total).

• Like 2