Foundry VTT Fan implementation

Dangermouse

13 hours ago, Dhuros said:

I have the same problem as above, when I click on a spell it shows 'No roll allowed as you have no chance of success'.
However, when I set the 'Sub-Type' at the skill 'Magic' to Magic, I can no longer enter 'Skill Chance', this automatically becomes 0 every time.

For example, I can type in 60 at Skill Chance, but when I then enter, this automatically becomes 0 again. If I set the Sub-Type to None, the 60 appears.

What am I doing wrong here?

I think it might be for a slightly different reason. Have you given the character the 'Magical' advantage? If it's not there then the 'Magic' skill reverts to 0.

I tested it by opening an actor and removing the 'Magical' advantage to see that the 'Magic' skill dropped to 0 and I couldn't change it. Soon as I put the 'Magical' advantage back the skill went straight back to 60.

Here is how I have the Advantage set up:
image.png.104a581ee80ac866c429fba4c4d3c251.png

Edited to add that if the Magic skill is higher than 60 when you remove the advantage, then the skill returns to that same value when you return it. That's a nice touch.

Edited by Greville
  • Like 1

The sacred sentence of science: "I might be wrong: let's find out." - David Brin

My Blog: http://grevsspace.wordpress.com/

@Dhuros @Greville  Just back from holiday so sorry for the delay in responding.

If you don't have the Magical Advantage then whatever the skill you have in Magic, it will always revert to zero (the actual skill score is retained).

Is your magical advantage set as Greville showed.  That's the way I have it set up.

Edited by Dangermouse
  • Like 1