slice of life for "average" people? images thereof?

g33k

My point is not that they avoid gods and religion. They avoid priests and leaders, in the same way most humans prefer to avoid the attention of those in power, because nothing good comes out of it.

Attend with your colleagues and family the temple, but in the ceremonies they will be the ones playing the mass of extras, impressed and frightened and asking the different gods (the stars of the show) to do something for you. Yes, it is impressive, and it shows why things have to be as they are, but I would not like to be part of the extras when the trolls arrive or when Aroka devours rain. And I would not do that role often, unless I am becoming one of those Rune career initiates that are starting PCs.

Spirit magic is nice, because there is no tax on its use. You learn it and you use it. Most people middle age and up will have their CHA of spirit magic useful to what they do or the needs of the family. But I have most ordinary people with little or no RP. Because they do not have as much POW to sacrifice, because recovering the magic takes a lot of time and days spent in that, and because, IMG, it requires deep secrets of the cult that most people are happier avoiding.

It may well be the influence of previous rulesets where Rune magic was not common or used by "normal" people.

On 7/4/2023 at 12:58 AM, Squaredeal Sten said:

As i understand it if you go back to the RW bronze age, poetry and literature ore one:  Literature is oral rather than written,

Literature is always written, by definition.  Purely spoken artforms would include poetry, oratory or story telling, with considerable overlap between all of them.  As a song is essentially a poem sung in time to music, it also crosses this line I suspect.