Here August 1st: Caravanserai!

Squaredeal Sten

Coming to Jonstown Compendium August 1st:

Caravanserai

Is it time for your RuneQuest in Glorantha adventurers to have real lives with more ties to Gloranthan society and economy?  Are they rootless, and need a place of their own?  Or have they outgrown the economic limits of their home clan?   Is it time for the Issaries character to shine in doing bronze age business – or perchance to blunder at it?

Caravanserai is intended for at least one experienced and prosperous Key Adventurer-with at least 2,500 Lunars, probably an Issaries initiate (and ideally his or her companions), to open and own a caravanserai, which is a highway  inn with a walled compound of outbuildings and stables.  And where’s the adventure in that, you say? Adventures beginning at an inn are such an old role playing game trope that I am sure you can think of some. But two follow on adventures are included. Plus a chapter on the Gloranthan lodging industry in accord with the canon information from RuneQuest Roleplaying in Glorantha (RQiG) and Weapons and Equipment (W&E), and an aid which will help you Gamemaster this business easily.

The chapters of Caravanserai can easily be interwoven with other adventures in your campaign.

Caravanserai cover img.jpg

Edited by Squaredeal Sten
adding cover image; capitalization
  • Like 15
  • Helpful 1

On 7/30/2023 at 6:45 PM, Crel said:

Cool! Sounds like a fun addition for merchants.

It is.  However it was written to be fun for others too.  The two follow - on adventures reward having  a Lhankor Mhy initiate, a Chalana Arroy, and some characters heavy in combat skills.  Depending on which adventure you are playing.

Edited by Squaredeal Sten
Spelling / typing
  • Like 2

• Squaredeal Sten changed the title to Here August 1st: Caravanserai!
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a lot in there for the GM, naturally.  But the original core of chapter 5 was material I exposed to my Key Adventurer's player early in running the advenure that turned into chapter 2.   

Anyway one of my goals was to make the caravansersi easy for someone else to GM.  Thus the spreadsheet and the two pages on using it.  There is no sense in everyone having to re invent the wheel.

• Like 1