Another brainstorm question

Lloyd Dupont

I am making a perk list (aka stunts in some chaosium supplements). Perks compete for int slot with spells (and other perks) just so that one cannot excel at everything.

Perk need to be learned as well, much like spells and often have a requirement of 70% in some skills.

One perk I am thinking of is "roll with the punches" that give a temporary AP against 1 attack one fail their defense roll against. 3AP for 1FP (fatigue point).

What I am brainstorming about here is both the general concept and also I am thinking of more advanced versions. 5AP for 2FP, 6AP for 3SP (or something) and wonder should the advanced version cost more int slot, or just tougher learning requirements and just 1int slot for all?

On one hand magic is easier (although I added spell ranks, tweaked protection, added focus requirements so perhaps not so much...) On the other hand I want to make be the best fighter there is perk consuming....

I mean without the whole custom rule it's hard to say, but what's your gut reaction here guys?

• Like 1

Will people be able to do "knock-out" damage by directly attacking "Fatigue Points"?

Spending-down FP's as a strictly reactive/defensive measure would become much less attractive if the 0-FP state is anything worse than "no more of that resource to spend".

OTOH, AP's are like "virtual HP's" so it make your total HP's potentially much larger.

As you say... it's hard to figure without the whole suite of custom rules.

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

4 hours ago, g33k said:

Will people be able to do "knock-out" damage by directly attacking "Fatigue Points"?

Didn't plan on adding that... does that already exists?! If it does I didn't know about it...

Just like there is a MP economy for magic, I wanted to add a FP economy to fighting, got a few things that cost FP...
However, I recently realized / checked that FP is, in fact STR+CON (I Thought it was only CON), that might make the FP economy problematic.. not clear enough yet... Anyway the idea was for a mob of people to get big baddies by tiring them or, conversely, to tire the player to increase danger.

4 hours ago, g33k said:

Spending-down FP's as a strictly reactive/defensive measure would become much less attractive if the 0-FP state is anything worse than "no more of that resource to spend".

yea.. multiple reactions every round also cost FP. Though the penalty for tiredness does not go beyond: no more special move and penalty to all skills

4 hours ago, g33k said:

As you say... it's hard to figure without the whole suite of custom rules.

Hopefully I will be able to share in a couple of weeks....
I haven't played any D100 in a while and I should GM a new campaign in a few months, so feedback will be very welcome! 🙂