Anyone here playing The Troubleshooters?

fritjof

I found BRP via The Troubleshooters, a Swedish made TTRPG by Helmgast, that is based on European comics like Tintin, Spirou, Yoko Tsuno, Blake & Mortimer etc.

It also runs with percentages and skills and D100, and even though I haven't played a session yet, I fell for the system while reading the core rulebook. Which in turn got me into BRP and CoC.

I was wondering if anybody here knew and/or had tried to play a session or campaign of The Troubleshooters. If so, what did you end up doing, and did you have fun?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

This game just came to my attention a few days ago.  I bought a copy of the rulebook, mostly because, as an American who lived and worked in Europe for a few years over 20 years ago, I came to really enjoy Blake and Mortimer. I paged through the rulebook after it arrived in the mail this afternoon, and I could see the BRP influence.  So I was wondering if anyone here might've played it. It's been 8 months since the last post in this thread, so perhaps not.  But if anyone has, I'd be very interested in hearing about any experiences.

Cool!

I have had the chance to play a session of the game now. The scenario was "Escape from Mont Blanc" with a group of adult beginner players (including myself as a debutante GM) - We had great fun with it, going less Blake & Mortimer and more Spirou/Gaston Lagaffe with the story. I really like the basic d100 system, and the tone of the game was easy to adjust.

I should mention that we're in Denmark, so thanks to publishing house Carlsen Comics, the franco-belgian comics tradition is very familiar to all.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, fritjof said:

I have had the chance to play a session of the game now. The scenario was "Escape from Mont Blanc" with a group of adult beginner players (including myself as a debutante GM) - We had great fun with it, going less Blake & Mortimer and more Spirou/Gaston Lagaffe with the story. I really like the basic d100 system, and the tone of the game was easy to adjust.

Fantastic! It's great to hear about actual game play!  Just curious: did you use the really great-looking passport-style character 'sheets'?  The 'emergency passport' version in the rulebook (and on the publisher's website) was/is already really cool and different, but the actual passports look even more amazing - maybe too amazing to actually use?

I was also wondering if there are 'official' game stats available anywhere for famous characters, like Tintin et al?

Edited by dan2448
To add more