BRP on Foundrty VTT - Beta Release

Dangermouse

Moving my BRP game into Foundry and I seem to be stuck at a Basic point...When creating a character as a DM I can't enter any numbers under the CHAR tab Stats. Also under the portrait the new character starts out as "Dead/Diying"  I'm sure its something easy, but what I'm I miss that will allow me to enter the stats?  

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, errains said:

Moving my BRP game into Foundry and I seem to be stuck at a Basic point...When creating a character as a DM I can't enter any numbers under the CHAR tab Stats. Also under the portrait the new character starts out as "Dead/Diying"  I'm sure its something easy, but what I'm I miss that will allow me to enter the stats?  

Thanks in advance

Heya. I’m away on holiday until start Sept so don’t have access to my PC. There are some instructions in the game or on the GitHub wiki

https://github.com/Genii-Locorum/brp

if that doesn’t solve it please come back and I’ll see what I can do from memory. 

initial thoughts are whether the character sheet is locked (padlock icon at the right hand side of the tab names). 

are you getting any error messages in console (F12)?

sorry that this isn’t as comprehensive response that I’d like to give

cheers

simon

Hey all, just started using this module and it is great! Thank you for the hard work. I'm a little confused as to what "Skill Groups" are in Foundry and precisely how to use them.
I might be way off here, but I figured "Any Melee Weapon" was a way of consolidating all the melee weapon skills?

At any rate, when I use any of the group skills I get a warning that says "You cannot add a Group Skill to the sheet"

Thanks in advance!
-Josh

3 hours ago, JoshB said:

Hey all, just started using this module and it is great! Thank you for the hard work. I'm a little confused as to what "Skill Groups" are in Foundry and precisely how to use them.
I might be way off here, but I figured "Any Melee Weapon" was a way of consolidating all the melee weapon skills?

At any rate, when I use any of the group skills I get a warning that says "You cannot add a Group Skill to the sheet"

Thanks in advance!
-Josh

Hi

Skill Groups aren’t a core foundry thing per se. For BRP they are a group of skills that get added to a profession. When you add the profession to the character you add one (or more) of the relevant skills in the group. For example a profession may let you choose any melee weapon so there’s a skill group for that. 

to add multiple skills to a character sheet you can drag the folder to the character.

i hope that makes sense. I’m away from home at the moment so can’t give you screenshots to help with the explanation. 

cheers

• Thanks 1