Parrying in MW

The rules regarding parrying are a bit confusing. On the one hand, there is the Att/Def matrix which indicates a binary parrying system, on the other there is discussion of weapon damage being rolled against the parrying weapon's HP. The two are incompatible, how is it supposed to work?

(nevermind, I figured it out)

Edited by Barak Shathur
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Barak Shathur said:

Unrelated question: what is a “sea axe”? Is it like a viking long axe? I sure hope they don’t mean a seax 😄

Kinda... it is a hangover from the original Elric! / Stormbringer text - which refers to a Sea Axe... as a smaller but still two handed axe, as opposed to the Lormyrean Axe (which is a BIG two handed axe). The illustration in SB5 suggests that a Sea Axe has a single bladed head, and the Lormyrean Axe is double bladed.

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2024 at 2:46 PM, NickMiddleton said:

Kinda... it is a hangover from the original Elric! / Stormbringer text - which refers to a Sea Axe... as a smaller but still two handed axe, as opposed to the Lormyrean Axe (which is a BIG two handed axe). The illustration in SB5 suggests that a Sea Axe has a single bladed head, and the Lormyrean Axe is double bladed.

Yes. Anyone who played StormBringer ot Elric! knows pretty well what those weapons name refer to. 😄

1 hour ago, Barak Shathur said:

Well. I thought MW was supposed to be a generic fantasy game. 

I was just bringing back old memories. 😉 I was 12 when I first read SB, and it was the first game outside D&D I learned.

I agree a more generic/descriptive name would be a better choice.