So who are the heirs to Greymane?

Looking at this from the Well of Daliath

https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/west-of-esrolia-four-orlanthi-tribal-confederations/

For the context of my campaign now in 1630 ST,

So who are the heirs of Greymane?

To be written?  

And when Greymsbe's Ditali- Solanthi alliance collapses, what is the status of the Trader Princes?  When Greymane was alive, what was the status of te Trader Princes (besides declining economically after the Opening of the seas?)

Edited by Squaredeal Sten
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Squaredeal Sten said:

So who are the heirs of Greymane?

Two sons were noted, but both are killed (along with Greymane) at the Battle of Pennel Ford. 

With their deaths, I think the Solanthi rule over that region collapses and you return to feuding Ditali and Solanthi tribes (probably those who opposed or disliked Greymane come to power). 

While Greymane ruled, the Trader Princes undoubtedly paid tribute to Greymane to pass through. With his demise, the Trader Princes likely try to reassert control over the local tribes and clans.

• Thanks 1

Might be about to define that…our GM is about to run Pennel Ford as a battle in which our rune levels just disrupted the yelmic rituals the day before. Now preparing to fly over the battle and seek to use Battle skill to follow the fight, so if we spot Greymanes defection we will be dealing with it….happy to define here what happens, if anything. Should occur next week or the week afte I hope.

Posted (edited)
On 3/7/2024 at 2:53 PM, Geoff R Evil said:

Might be about to define that…our GM is about to run Pennel Ford as a battle in which our rune levels just disrupted the yelmic rituals the day before. Now preparing to fly over the battle and seek to use Battle skill to follow the fight, so if we spot Greymanes defection we will be dealing with it….happy to define here what happens, if anything. Should occur next week or the week afte I hope.

My vague recollection about Pennel Ford  is that Harrek attacked Greymane and his army when they turned their coats.  If that is reflected in your game, the players may be cleaning up after Harrek. or if they swoop down first he saves their asses.    ? Perhaps develop  Loyalty (Wolf Pirates)?

Spelling / typing

Posted (edited)

But back to the original topic: Of course Greymane might have a third or 4th son.... and certainly  will have a clan full of cousins.  So likely someone who might want to show legitimacy by continuing to raid Caladraland and maybe Esrolia.

spelling mostly

2 hours ago, Squaredeal Sten said:

My vague recollection about Pennel Ford  is that Harrek attacked Greymane and his army when they turned their coats. 

Yes, he was so enraged that he marched right across the center of the battlefield to get to the traitors, leaving destruction in his wake (but also opening up one whole position to Lunar attacks behind him).

On 3/7/2024 at 9:02 PM, Squaredeal Sten said:

My vague recollection about Pennel Ford  is that Harrek attacked Greymane and his army when they turned their coats.  If that is reflected in your game, the players may be cleaning up after Harrek. or if they swoop down first he saves their asses.    ? Perhaps develop  Loyalty (Wolf Pirates)?

Yeh our chars are friends with Harrek, he seems to like us. My char is a fallen illuminated Humakti Sword who then followed the path of Ygg, accompanied by a storm bull Minotaur and a Magasta and Zola Fel newtling alchemist. So we are wolf pirates already and we’re commanded by Harrek and King Broyan. Officially we know nothing of Pennel Ford battle….and in fact we are about to rewrite it, so hopefully our gm will rewrite, greymane may stay as an ally, something completely different will happen. YGMV