Smoke & Aces: a modern action scenario powered by BRP. Double down on gunslinging fun.

hix

When a club DJ witnesses a mob hit, he decides to testify. The mob puts a price on his head, and he turns to group of skilled mercenaries to extract him from a Vegas penthouse and get him out of town alive. FBI agents and assassins race to the Strip to claim the prize, can your team get there first? Set in the real world and the current day. Grab the vibe of the action comedies of the 1990s and 2000s and let loose a hail of bullets on competing crews, characterized by Soft Spots, Special Abilities, and Weaknesses.

image.png?ex=6608d709&is=65f66209&hm=71920c12f2d876733a2f9a0a05c1a13945f7852ddf73ba94343e48c324ec7143&

Edited by hix
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Bought on a whim without realising the BRP Central connection. Well worth the price of entry - Suburban Commandos indeed. Great to come across someone making BRUGE material rather than handwringing over the SAN rules, etc.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot, have fun. BRP is so easy to write for now, it's great. I really only see a couple entries for it on dtrpg, but that category is so flooded with "system agnostic" supplements by people who don't know what Basic Roleplaying means that it's easy to miss stuff.

• Like 1

How much table time do you expect this would take?

Could I fit it into one 4-6 hour "one-shot" game (e.g. a convention or FLGS) ?
Could I stretch it to 3ish sessions of regular play at home?

TYVM!

Edited by g33k
  • Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

28 minutes ago, g33k said:

How much table time do you expect this would take?

Could I fit it into one 4-6 hour "one-shot" game (e.g. a convention or FLGS) ?
Could I stretch it to 3ish sessions of regular play at home?

Probably 2 or 3 sessions if you use all the content in book. If you're running it as a one shot, skip the Legwork phase and optional encounters and you should be able to knock it out in 3-4 hours. Depends on how much planning the group does, how much you want to roleplay the assassins, and whether your team decides to just kill everyone or use their Soft Spots to play them against each other.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...