In Progress: Howl of the Wild Hunt

Austin

Hey all, I shared these on social media then realized I should probably share here for those folks who choose to avoid those platforms. 😄 

I'm about halfway through line editing my next JC thing. It's tentatively titled Howl of the Wild Hunt. (There may be some additional stuff involved, but I don't want to go further than vague hinting at this point, hah.) A release sometime this summer would be awesome, but right now I can't really estimate how long art direction & graphic design will take.

image.thumb.jpeg.e5b7c4236ff7d71e98d3a2d108fb82a5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.820f201f4597a8dcf595da7edfe68811.jpeg

• Like 11

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

Posted (edited)

Did you have a question we could answer. or is this just a teaser?

Regardless. start your search for artists early and begin your art directio early.  Many artists have backlogs or summer vacation plans.  You can probably describe some key scenes now, also what you wsnt for a cover image.

Edited by Squaredeal Sten
Spelling / typing

On 5/3/2024 at 8:02 PM, Akhôrahil said:

Gagarth-adjacent, then? I had to more or less improvise a Wild Hunt situation in my campaign.

Yup! One of this work's sections is a bestiary collection (kind of MOTM style) describing luparths, the cult spirits of Gagarth which hunt on the Spirit World's winds. In addition to the adventure I hope that section will be easy to grab and use for GMs as they see fit in their own campaigns.

On 5/3/2024 at 10:07 PM, Squaredeal Sten said:

Did you have a question we could answer. or is this just a teaser?

Nah, I'm just teasing the next thing I've got coming along. 🙂 

Thanks for offering advice! I've made enough stuff that I do have this handled, but I appreciate the helpful spirit. 😄 As I mentioned in the OP, it's hard to define a timeline until I've completed the edit. After that, the schedule just depends on how busy I am (or am not) with other stuff.

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

• 2 weeks later...

And line edits are wrapped up! Now to get all that blue ink into the Word document of my next draft… 😅 Still, working by hand helps me think!

Once I've got my third draft collated, my next task is graphic design to prep for art direction and layout. I'm going to be using Affinity Publisher for the first time on this project—finally trying to divest myself of Adobe—so I'm choosing to build a template file from the ground up to help me get to learn the program. The template file ought to be useful for future projects too, of course. (Well, so long as I do it right.)

image.thumb.jpeg.d9c891fca2aee03f376b228f86a519db.jpeg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
The Wild Hunt of Gagarth rides forth!

I'm delighted to share I've finished edits on my next RuneQuest book: "Howl of the Wild Hunt." Within is included Gagarth's cult spirits, the Clearwine Necropolis adventure site, Chief Colymar's ancestor cult, and more.

This anthology will be available in Print on Demand (POD). It collects three adventures never before available in POD: "The Throat of Winter," "Clash with the Quacken," and "The Queen's Star." Remastering the first two will bring their presentation into line with my more recent work. There may be some new art (not sure yet). In total, I expect the anthology to be 150–175 pages.

At the moment my remaining work is art direction, graphic design, and layout. It's "Coming Eventually" because I can't yet make a good release estimate. Absolute minimum is a month, "several months" seems probable, and wouldn't be weird if something happened and it took longer.

Would y'all like me to release a text-only Beta? I could release a text-only PDF of "Howl" fairly quickly. This will, of course, update to the full PDF when I uploaded the completed book. A Beta PDF this time would probably follow a "pre-order" model, not a discounted "early access." The Beta PDF will contain everything needed to play the "Howl of the Wild Hunt" and to explore Clearwine Necropolis. (I'd include the old PDFs of the other adventures too, so new purchasers have everything before I'm finished with the remaster.)

I'm on the fence, and would love to hear your thoughts & feedback.

Luparth art is by the magnificent @Lordabdul!
image.thumb.png.1c360e744d8d9bb5f997fd66e3c8ade7.png
  • Like 6