Treasures of Glorantha - Medicine Bundles

These are probably the most accessible treasures described in either volume. Very useful. A few questions though.

Paging @soltakss as the author, but anyone else of course welcome to chime in.

Is there a limit on the number of medicine bundles that an adventurer can have and be active at any time?

Is there an attunement process, or can anyone just pick them up and use them? Can non-shamans use them as easily as shamans?

Ability Bundles: can non-shamans use them? Some powers make no sense as they need a fetch.

For example a shaman has Second Sight enhanced to show current MPs and spirit spells active, and they create a Second Sight bundle, and it has only a power level of 1, presumably they choose one of their abilities to put in it. Could a non-shaman use this, or do you think having a fetch (a presence on the spirit plane) and therefore the core shamanic power of Second Sight is a prerequisite for the ability?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhilHibbs said:

These are probably the most accessible treasures described in either volume. Very useful.

Thanks for the kind words.

Is there a limit on the number of medicine bundles that an adventurer can have and be active at any time?

I don't limit them in my Glorantha but other GMs might want to.

Is there an attunement process, or can anyone just pick them up and use them?

I'd just say to spend a couple of hours concentrating on them and, perhaps, making a Meditation or similar roll. There is no POW vs POW roll in the same way as attuning Powered Crystals, though.

Can non-shamans use them as easily as shamans?

Sure, they aren't designed for just Shamans. Anyone can use them.

Some powers make no sense as they need a fetch.

Some powers won't make sense for non-Shamans, those are best used by Shamans. 

For example a shaman has Second Sight enhanced to show current MPs and spirit spells active, and they create a Second Sight bundle, and it has only a power level of 1, presumably they choose one of their abilities to put in it. Could a non-shaman use this, or do you think having a fetch (a presence on the spirit plane) and therefore the core shamanic power of Second Sight is a prerequisite for the ability?

Yes, a non-Shaman could use this and it would give them the equivalent of Second Sight 1.

You don't need a Fetch to use a Medicine Bundle, one of the reasons why they are useful.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here