Conversion 5.2 to 6

11 hours ago, Puckohue said:

I'm twelve years into the GPC and don't know if it's worth the trouble to "upgrade".

Twelve real years or you are saying you are close to finishing Uther Period / have just moved to Anarchy? I am assuming the latter, since even I was almost done with the GPC in 12 years (it took 14). 🙂

I would recommend switching over. As KungFuFenris said, 6e Core Rulebook has a whole Appendix to instruct how to do it. Of course, if you have a suitable spot in mind for a generational shift (Netley Marsh is pretty good), I would be tempted to just play the old chars with old rules to that point, and then do a clean sweep and bring in the new characters with the 6e rules and skip the hassle of converting completely.

Edited by Morien
  • Thanks 1

A problem which I found on the converting notes on p.238 is the suggestion to use the Random method passion on p.51 for Station or Chivalry.

The problem is that p.51 describes different dice for different passions, but none of these is about Chivalry (a new passion which I guess they introduced to make the Chivalrous ideal more rare).

And what about Devotion (God)? Now everyone starts with Devotion 5, but the converting notes do not say what to do with pcs missing it (I guess they can ignore it).

Edited by Luca Cherstich

2 hours ago, Luca Cherstich said:

A problem which I found on the converting notes on p.238 is the suggestion to use the Random method passion on p.51 for Station or Chivalry.

The problem is that p.51 describes different dice for different passions, but none of these is about Chivalry (a new passion which I guess they introduced to make the Chivalrous ideal more rare).

And what about Devotion (God)? Now everyone starts with Devotion 5, but the converting notes do not say what to do with pcs missing it (I guess they can ignore it).

I'll comment here rather than spam the corrections thread...

I think if the Chivalric PK still qualifies as Chivalric with the 96 point limit, they should get all the prerequisite passions, too. Or, an idea I'd likely implement, base the Chivalry Passion off their Honor Passion. It always sat poorly with me that a 'Chivalric Knight' could be a total rat Honor-wise, and that was just fine and dandy. (Which is why Honor is part of my Tiered Chivalric house-rules.)

As for Devotion (Deity), I'd follow the chargen rules if the PK doesn't already have Love (Deity) in 5.2 (as you said, it is a much rarer passion). So either a flat 5 or 1d6+2, whichever they prefer. If they have Worldly 16+, I might tell them to opt out of it completely, and obviously if their Adoratio is already full, they can reduce this to 0 as well.

Edited by Morien