Does Illumination Protect Chaotic Personal Items From Detection?

EricW

8 hours ago, Eff said:

Well, we know that Storm Bulls are tolerated because of their abilities with regards to fighting Chaos, so if we assume that they have no reliable means to at least locate it or narrow matters down when in proximity, then we are faced with the question of how they actually fight Chaos, and whether it becomes plausible that they would be tolerated if their only effective means when not dealing with an obvious monster is to kill until the headache stops.

They use their common sense.

A Storm Bull walks around the plains and the sense chaos goes off - possible ambush.  They draw their sword and look around

Walking around in the city and the sense chaos goes off - A Storm Bull looks around for anything that might be chaotic (attacking Broo, howling Ogre Priest etc).  Bystanders see odd behaviour from a odder person him and back off.  Chaotic signal vanishes.  The Storm Bull mutters "this is why I don't like cities" before wandering into the nearest pub to get drunk.

A Storm Bull looks for a possible nest of disease ambles through the ruins until his sense chaos goes off.  He now has the specific location in which he can use his other senses to find the entrance.

A Storm Bull assembles for battle and catches wind of chaos nearby.  Looking around, the Storm Bull sees Telmori.  A disgusted Storm Bull moves away from them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, metcalph said:

They use their common sense.

A Storm Bull walks around the plains and the sense chaos goes off - possible ambush.  They draw their sword and look around

Walking around in the city and the sense chaos goes off - A Storm Bull looks around for anything that might be chaotic (attacking Broo, howling Ogre Priest etc).  Bystanders see odd behaviour from a odder person him and back off.  Chaotic signal vanishes.  The Storm Bull mutters "this is why I don't like cities" before wandering into the nearest pub to get drunk.

A Storm Bull looks for a possible nest of disease ambles through the ruins until his sense chaos goes off.  He now has the specific location in which he can use his other senses to find the entrance.

A Storm Bull assembles for battle and catches wind of chaos nearby.  Looking around, the Storm Bull sees Telmori.  A disgusted Storm Bull moves away from them.

Do you see that this directly contradicts your objection to the initial scenario?

"And I am pretty tired of all this fuss about rfevealign that many worshippers of a minor goddess might be lesbians." -Greg Stafford, April 11, 2007

"I just read an article in The Economist by a guy who was riding around with the Sartar rebels, I mean Taliban," -Greg Stafford, January 7th, 2010

Eight Arms and the Mask