Curious tidbit: vampire bat bites may be beneficial

seneschal

Vampire Bat Bites Help Shield Peruvians from Rabies - Yahoo! News

Seems isolated jungle tribesmen in Peru have a natural immunity to rabies because they get bitten by vampire bats so often. What sort of CoC adventure could you make out of that?

That's cool. With the prevalence of bat based mythology and deities in South America... The Bat-people of Peru.

But the Mayan's have the best bat related legends. Right into present day Chiapas. Including some awesome tales of men that are seduced by a female bat, slowing becoming a bat monster themselves.

I Peru, the Incas associated bats with royalty.

Edited by hanszurcher

I don`t play monsters. I play men besieged by fate and out for revenge. ~Vincent Price

OK. I'm pretty excited about Atomic Age Cthulhu so I'd probably go with a mixture of Boys from Brazil and Amazonian Bat-People tribe legends. A crazy Nazi scientist has devised a way to turn people into bat-monster super soldiers via the bite of specially irradiated vampire bat carriers. Perhaps he has devised a way to control his batty minions through high-frequency sonic waves. This same scientist may be unwittingly influenced by Mi-go or some other alien conspiracy.

Well, its an idea.:)

Edited by hanszurcher

I don`t play monsters. I play men besieged by fate and out for revenge. ~Vincent Price

OK. I'm pretty excited about Atomic Age Cthulhu so I'd probably go with a mixture of Boys from Brazil and Amazonian Bat-People tribe legends.

Now add some "Stubbs the Zombie". ;t)

Setting:

Punchbowl is a retro-futuristic city that resembles the future as portrayed by the media in 1950s. It includes hovercars, laser weaponry, a monorail, and robots. Punchbowl was envisioned and funded by Andrew Monday and created by his teams of scientists, led by former Nazi scientist Dr. Hermann Wye.
Edited by dragonewt

Now add some "Stubbs the Zombie". ;t)

Like cast the PCs as re-animated US soldiers, part of the CIA's shadowy Project West. Fighting crazed Nazi scientists, alien threats and the commie menace. I see potential.