The Southern Reaches - Knightly Orders

1000buffalo

Howdy All,

The Southern Reaches are noted as a region with knights - left open, of course for GM and player development. Even with the local lens that the Southern Reaches proposes, there's plenty of room for a few differing local knightly orders.

This thread's my open brainstorming on the topic - commentary, ideas, etc. welcome.

As a general opener, I'm going to keep my game's definition of chivalry light (or start light anyway). A general list of tenets of Imperial Knighthood:

• Honor
  • Duty
  • Piety
  • Courage
  • Charity
  • Grace

I'm going to leave those as general principles. I think most players have a good enough sense of chivalry to fill in the gaps, plus the various orders will provide more opportunity.

Knighthood was developed, I think, approximately 800 years ago, as the various human tribes and factions began to secure their own more visibly after Fey oppression.

Anyway, some initial thoughts.

Enjoy!

Brian

Are the knights specialized? Are there courtly knights and wilderness knights? Are there knights that rescue kittens exclusively while others are stuck with the jabberwock?

Ha! Indeed! I've been thinking about it, but will start posting some of my ideas. One of the game conceits is to have some additional conflict within a Barony in addition to between.

Some of the orders would offer different training (weapons or otherwise), plus some rolelplay fodder of course.