Current play

Trifletraxor

Yesterday or party of Ulask worshipping warriors where travelling to the Ghost Fort in the Big Rubble. One party member (a huge dark troll) was torn into two parts by a rhino-broo ram, another was clubbed to death by a bison broo, and I had to use my one-use Flight 2 to avoid certain death with my weapon arm out. We did manage to kills the broos in the end though. But they had NO LOOT! Frack! :mad:

Sverre.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

So how many stayed dead?

Honestly with the availability of Resurrection as a 3pt Rune Spell getting characters back on their feet after they were killed was never to great of a challenge for us. ;)

Also, do you play that you die at 0 Hit Points? Or is there some buffer?

We always played that you subtracted the damage you were under 0 from 10 and then made a Con roll times that number to see if you survived one more round. So if you were at -6hp you would roll Conx4 to see if you lived another round. The following round you lost another general HP, so you are now at -7, and then had to roll Conx3. Etc.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger. That which does kill us makes us stronger still!

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

30/420

One stayed dead. He was torn in two at the abdomen, so no chance of resurrection there. We have a houserule of instant, un-resurrectable death if sever of head, chest or abdomen. Also, piercing or smashing weapons are considered to sever (not only maim) a location if they do tripple location damage. Otherwise death at zero hit points. In and around Pavis Resurrection is not much of a problem. But we've had a lot of characters die true death because it would take several days to get hold of one, when out in the wilderness.

Sverre.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

We also have the instant death if head, chest or abdomen is severed rule. But we allow for the body to be repaired by a Heal 6 or Heal Wounds (with at least 6 points of healing) if it is done within 5 minutes. This means if you really want someone dead, you kill them and take their head. :D

We have had a few deaths where their stats degraded to the point where they could not be resurrected by the time we got them to a healer. Also there is the requirement of a year and a day of service to the healer after resurrection.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

30/420

Tai Kora Tek gets displeased at those who meddle in her realm... :(

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

George Carlin (1937 - 2008)

(92/420)

Guest the Bromgrev

Tai Kora Tek gets displeased at those who meddle in her realm... :(

No wonder she's such a grumpy old girl, then, what with the amount of meddling that goes on. :cool:

No wonder she's such a grumpy old girl, then, what with the amount of meddling that goes on. :cool:

If she doesn't like it she can take it up with Chalana Arroy. :P

30/420

OK, this is evidence that a Glorantha board(s) should be added. That way it keeps all of the Glorantha stuff in one place! Glorantha specific rules, setting, and debate on what Mr. Stafford changed this week could be consolidated for the convenience of those that want to do Gloranthan things. It also keeps it out of the way of those that do not have experience with Glorantha so that posters don't have to keep explaining the inside jokes etc.

Joseph Paul

Joseph Paul

"Nothing partys like a rental" explains the enduring popularity of prostitution.:eek:

Bromgrev- no need to apologize- these are the early days of a great new forum. Many things will be done and later undone. I was pointing out that the grognards on this forum can easily inundate a new person with so much information gleaned from 30 years of play that it overwhelms their capacity to get information out of the posts. This can be a turn off for some.

Essentially I am saying that it is time for us to think about how we want this forum to work and who we want it to appeal to.

The history of BRP, as expressed in the collective memory of those that have played its many incarnations should be represented here. But it should not overwhelm the latest incarnation of BRP.

Thank you for considering these points. I will now get out of this Gloranthan thread or contribute something suitable myself.

Joseph Paul

Joseph Paul

"Nothing partys like a rental" explains the enduring popularity of prostitution.:eek:

Q: What do you call 3 Humakti standing in the middle of a road with swords drawn?

A: An ambush.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

George Carlin (1937 - 2008)

(92/420)