Question about the BGB character sheet

Nakana

The number of negative HP's which you need to hit to be dead and they put the minus sign in for you.

Well that explains my confusion, I thought you died at 0. I didn't think there were negative hit points. Would you mind referencing where in the BGB it explains that?

The best that I could find in the BGB, it states to put your HP in that line (implying negative HP), but then elsewhere it says you die at 0. (Thus negating negative HP.)

BGB = BRP Gold. New book = BRP Platinum.  Stay metal. 

I disagree with nclark. Pretty sure the negative is there to track how many HP you are below zero. Basically you die at zero, but if you get first aid or healing magic that brings you to positive HP in a short time frame you can survive. I don't have my book so I could be totally off base though...

Correct - the rules state you are "dead" at any point your HP hits zero or less. However, in that round, if you receive First Aid or other healing, magical or not, that raises you to 1HP, you are no longer "dead", but have been stabilized.

Ian

I disagree with nclark. Pretty sure the negative is there to track how many HP you are below zero. Basically you die at zero, but if you get first aid or healing magic that brings you to positive HP in a short time frame you can survive. I don't have my book so I could be totally off base though...

Correct - the rules state you are "dead" at any point your HP hits zero or less. However, in that round, if you receive First Aid or other healing, magical or not, that raises you to 1HP, you are no longer "dead", but have been stabilized

Ah so then it really doesn't matter what the negative HP is. You die at 0, but have a chance to be restored to 1 hp.

Alternatively, I thought it could possibly be done similar to D&D 4th, whereas you don't actually die at 0, but die at whatever you're negative hp is.

Example: (D&D)

Your character has 22hp. At 0 or less you are "dying" but do not actually die until you are -11hp. (Half your total hp as a negative.)

Hmm. That could become an interesting optional rule.

Whereas if you are reduced below 0 hit points you could make a resistance roll of your CON vs the -HP in lieu of a "saving throw"

Example:

You're total HP is 12 so if you are reduced to say -4 hp then you make a resistance roll of your CON (say it is 14) vs 4. If you fail then you lose another HP, if you succeed then nothing changes, if you achieve a special success then you are brought back to 1hp. If you are reduced to -6 then you are definitely dead.

(This is off the top of my head and just pondering aloud.)

BGB = BRP Gold. New book = BRP Platinum.  Stay metal. 

I was thinking of the negative hit points that result in a Fatal Wound p209. If you don't know how negative your hit points are then you can't know how much healing will bring you back to one HP allowing you to recover.

I didn't check the book to see what it actually said and confused it with the negative hit points per location found in Legend etc.

Nigel