Hello BRP Central!

I am currently working on a conversion of Iron Kingdoms to BRP. While most of the items and equipment are pretty straightforward, I've had to get a bit creative get the "feel" of IK magic, yet keep it functional from a game perspective. I'm listing my conversion notes below: 

o Arcanists (wizards) and Sorcerers will have access to magic spells supplemented by a handful of psychic powers (all appropriately renamed or removed as consistent with the setting) to use with the standard Magic rules from the Big Gold Book. To differentiate between Arcanists and Sorcerers, I'll start Arcs with 6 or so spells at INT%, and they may learn any spell they wish. Arcanists may select spells as professional skills, using their professional skill pool to increase the percentiles.

o Sorcerers start with 4 spells at a higher skill level (POW x2%), but must select a single element (earth, wind, fire, water) as a theme for any spells they have access to, and they cannot learn any spell outside of their element. Perhaps they only use personal skill points to increase spell percentiles at creation? Or, maybe that gimps them too much...

o Arcane Mechaniks and Gun Mages use similar rules with regard to starting spell numbers and percentiles to arcanists and sorcerers respectively. The differences are that PP cost is double when casting a spell the traditional way, and not activating a spell inscribed into a mechanikal contraption or rune bullet. I'd need to figure out material costs, but a ballpark figure would be 10x the PP cost of the spell in addition to the basic materials?

o Faithcasters (priests, paladins, druids, monks, etc.) purchase "super powers" from the BGB. I'm considering a 21 point budget to start. Power selection will be limited based on the character's deity (for instance, a druid of Dhunia, the Devourer, or Nyssor could justify taking "Alternate Form" of a woodland or tundra beast, while a Paladin of Morrow or Menoth could not.) I'd like to figure out a way to incorporate the Allegiance system from the book into the way a Faithcaster works. I'm just not sure what I'd do with it. Maybe they roll Allegiance to activate a power, with no base PP cost?

o Warcasters... they are such a different animal in that they generally use powers that require upkeep to buff those around them, or cast area spells. Warcasters have a focus pool equal to 1/2 POW. With their focus, they may cast Sorcery Spells from the BGB (again, appropriately renamed and removed to fit the fluff), and select POW levels of spells at character creation. Rather than burning their Focus to cast spells like a traditional spellcaster, warcasters "slot" their focus to activate a spell. As long as they maintain concentration the spell stays active. If not slotted, Focus is at the ready to use - "potential energy" if you will. They'll also get the "Jack Handling (INT)" skill, enabling telepathic communication with their warjack.

o Since so many warcasters are traditional spellcasters or faithcasters, I'll allow players to "cross-class". They simply select half the amount of spells/ powers for both careers.

o Fell Callers... would they be similar to a Warcaster?

o I'm considering allowing casters to alter such things as range, duration, or area of effect for a spell. To make this work, Arcanists, Sorcerers, and Faithcasters would cast their spell/ pray to their deity at a higher difficulty. Warcasters slot more Focus.

I welcome any feedback, ideas, comments, or critiques that you might have. All of this is in the conceptual phase for a possible future campaign. Thanks!  :D 

Haha - I could see why you'd be confused. Nope, no "furries" here.

Due to the lack of discussion here, am I correct to assume that folks are unfamiliar with the awesomeness that is Iron Kingdoms?! Let me correct that...

http://privateerpress.com/iron-kingdoms

I'd love to hear what people think. Especially on divine magic - I've never run anything with super powers from BRP, and would like to know if divine magic (paladins, priests, monks, druids) would best be simulated by that or one of the other power types.

Thanks!