Map of larger surrounding area around Cobb's Corners

Has anyone created a larger map of the areas surrounding Cobb's Corners? I'd be interested to definitively know the location of Broken Hill, (the Mi-Go's lair), the clearing that the remains of John Jefferey are in, the location of the lonely cabin, and the location of the Maclearan farmhouse in relationship to Cobb's Corners. 

Also, because half of my player characters are more interested in participating in the geological surveying, I'd love to have a list of preferred dig sites that Robert Blaine has already indicated to Joe Harlow for him to take the diggers/surveyors to. Does anyone else feel that a map like this would be helpful? 

We haven't produced one for the campaign - the area outside of the town is big and wide, allowing Keepers to position things as they see fit.

Given that a few people have asked for an area map, we will look into producing one for the retail book version of the campaign, but that won't be for some time off. 

Broken Hill is some 10 or more miles from town, well beyond the farmhouse and other scattered farms in the area. Round Hill is around five miles north of Broken Hill (but the PCs won't really be aware of Round Hill or need to go near it - keep these locations free for later in the campaign, when they become important).

In episode one  - avoid having the PCs poking around Broken Hill - Blaine is intent on keeping them away from it.

• Like 2
On 5/19/2016 at 4:52 PM, Mike M said:

In episode one  - avoid having the PCs poking around Broken Hill - Blaine is intent on keeping them away from it.

I am having to work very hard to avoid this coming to pass. One Investigator, a cousin to the late Boyd Patterson, is determined to get more information on his death and that includes visiting the location where his body was found.

Well, if they insist - the site of the body is below the hill (climbing accident) - so try to focus attention there rather than the hill itself (not easy I know) - you may be better just inserting something or moving things on, so that they don't have a chance to go exploring there. In a nutshell, Broken Hill contains the mi-go base, so you want to avoid players finding that now - they get the opportunity to explore it in a later episode - could be, they look around the hill but do not find the well-hidden entrance etc.

21 hours ago, Mike M said:

Well, if they insist - the site of the body is below the hill (climbing accident) - so try to focus attention there rather than the hill itself (not easy I know) - you may be better just inserting something or moving things on, so that they don't have a chance to go exploring there. In a nutshell, Broken Hill contains the mi-go base, so you want to avoid players finding that now - they get the opportunity to explore it in a later episode - could be, they look around the hill but do not find the well-hidden entrance etc.

Mike,

Thank you. That helps.

Doctor Perry has agreed to take the Investigator out to where Boyd's body was found after lunchtime on Day 3. Fortunately the weather will have taken a turn for the worse by then and he will not think it safe to drive anywhere.

• Like 1