Running other One-Shots with the Cult of Chaos

I have a group running through a time to harvest as a regular game, but I want to be able to run other one-shots on the side. For example, I<m not sure my FLGS is going to get a copy of the Derelict in time for me to run it on Free RPG day.

With this in mind, can you guys recommend other published one-shots or con scenarios that are out there. I do have a large library of CoC books to choose from, but using a hive mind to find appropriate adventures is quicker than reading through all of my books.

My Keeper style tends much more towards campaign and sand-box play, so i don't tend to pay attention to the short snappy scenarios out there.

Help!?

Personally I really love this scenario:
http://www.yog-sothoth.com/wiki/index.php/The_Crack'd_and_Crook'd_Manse

I've been running it with different groups and I'm not sure if it's just that the scenario is great, or if it's also because everything just seems to work really great when I run this one, but somehow every time I've run this with new people it just makes me and the players quite immersed and also by the time the sessions are done people seem generally hyped about it, wanting to play more. It's often taken the groups I've had two sessions to get through it (approx 3-4 hours session, though the last group was a little quicker during the second session to get to where I wanted to have them).

• Like 1

Did read it and I like it. But I feel there needs something that the investigators can take back as a new evidence to the trial. If that will or not help the Blackwood would depend on the luck of the Blackwood line being restored. Otherwise is a sanity-loss fest.

Maybe the investigators can find Rose's bones under the gravel and shells? It won't clear John name, but it can be proved that no man could dismember another one like this and maybe cast some shadow of doubt on the trial?

• Like 1

Hey AlbertG, yes, I love that idea. The main focus for the scenario as written is to touch on some investigation and some combat in a one hour game slot, assuming that it is simply a short demo. But, I think it could easily be expanded into something more robust. I like the idea of finding actual evidence that could be used in Arthur's defense. That's a great idea. I'm going to chew on that and see what I can come up with. 

Thanks man. 

• Like 1

Thanks Jon, I'll have a read.

I Haven't ran one shots like this before, so I'm not good at knowing how long various scenarios will take. I was thinking more than an hour though! ;)

Crook's Manse seems good, I'll have to make some pre-gens for it.

I have Dead Light, I'll look that one through too.  

Then all I have to do is see if folks turn up to the event! :D

Edited by Sasori
  • Like 1
39 minutes ago, Sasori said:

Thanks Jon, I'll have a read.

I Haven't ran one shots like this before, so I'm not good at knowing how long various scenarios will take. I was thinking more than an hour though! ;)

Crook's Manse seems good, I'll have to make some pre-gens for it.

I have Dead Light, I'll look that one through too.  

Then all I have to do is see if folks turn up to the event! :D

Thanks Sasori. Dead Light is also a great scenario, but it is more of a four hour convention scenario. I think anyone would be hard-pressed to run all of Dead Light in one hour, but you could engineer it so that one particular aspect of Dead Light is run as a one hour encounter.