BASIC ROLEPLAYING - SCIENCE FICTION

Ely

Hi!

Im working on a space science fiction campaign using the BRP rules... something similar to Battlestar Galactica/Mass Effect.
I have seen plenty of useful stuff for GURPS, Traveller and D20 but the only I have found really useful using de BRP is the Mecha handbook by Alephtar Games and River of Heaven.

¿Anyone has any idea about other books of the BRP line or D100 similar system to inform my campaign?

On the other hand I like a lot the feat system presented with the D20 system. ¿Is there something similar on the BRP line? I don´t mean an advantages/disadvantages system; I mean something like special skills or traits to make the characters more epic.

Thanks for reading!! :)

M-Space and Luther Arkwright, both down the Mythras forum below, is precisely what you are after. M-Space is basically Traveller translated into BRP, and Luther Arkwright introduces some low level mutant-esque powers into the frey. River of Heaven is also available, which is transhumany in feel. 

All have high quality standards too. 

If you can get hold of older stuff then RingWorld and Hawkmoon are collectible. Apparently, Futureworld may be here soon again. 

Edited by TrippyHippy
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/29/2016 at 4:09 PM, Ely said:

On the other hand I like a lot the feat system presented with the D20 system. ¿Is there something similar on the BRP line? I don´t mean an advantages/disadvantages system; I mean something like special skills or traits to make the characters more epic.

I like that kind of stuff too, it really helps to differentiate characters. I have used/ adapted the Stunts from the Blood Tide supplement in a BRP Star Wars game I ran a few months back. My players and I were pleased with the results, as we were able to model a Mandalorian and 2 separate Jedi with distinct fighting styles.

Many of the stunts can be used as written, just renamed. I'd recommend adding new stunts to fit the weapons for the setting.

• Like 2