Holiday Horrors

TK Nyarlathotep

Question: Are there very many fun Call of Cthulhu or Horror scenarios that, if not set in and around Winter and the Holidays, could easily be transferred to the general area of November to January? Nothing like a bit of nightmare fuel to get you into the holiday spirit.

In the interest of fairness to players, I'll ask that spoilers be marked.

I was thinking "Mr. Corbitt" from Mansions of Madness as a Christmas party when the group notices The Suspicious Thing and chooses to investigate. The Winter atmosphere could easily go from cheery to oppressive, as it goes from a well-lit, bedecked hall in the warm with friends, to a cold, poorly-lit home barely decorated for the holiday with no one but Mr. Corbitt and his...guest inside.

Any others that would be easy/fun to transfer to the Holidays?

I've been sporadically acquiring Christmas adventures for a while, regardless of system. Here's a link to a page of scenarios with addresses: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p7y7pwdzts4f3u2/Christmas Adventures links.rtf?dl=0

It's not up-to-date, but I'll try to add the others I have when I get back to my PC. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear for Cryptworld is one not on the list. Obviously these won't all fit CoC by any means. 

Edited by BigJackBrass
  • Like 1

You could have some fun with Christmas - all those Christmas lights, maybe a half remembered tradition, an ancient effort to protect home and hearth from something which can't stand the light, something which seeps in through the darkness, from some foul parasitic dimension just a heartbeat away from ours, finding any convenient entrance such as the chimney of a house where the hearth fire has died, feasting on the darkness in the hearts of those who are "bad" - those who have turned away from love and life.

Lets just say you wouldn't want to meet the "reindeer"... 

• Like 1