BRP Powers and Super Gadgetry

mapineda

Does the new BRP book support super-powered gadgets and things like Iron Man's Power Armor?

Pages 238-247 cover equipment with characteristics and powers. You could also take the generic powered assault armor and add all kinds of extras to it, though that might take some GM approval.

Yes, theer are gadget rules in BRP and they look OK at first glance. It recommends modelling Cybertech using gadgets, which is interesting.

However, it would be very time-consuming to build up each and every bit of equipment using the rules because they all rely on spending points to make items. That is all very well during character generation but what about afterwards? It would be very useful to have a number of examples that people could use in their games immediately rather than building each item.

After all, you don't go into a garage and ask for a Porsche shell with a Ferrari engine, Lotus gearbox, Humvee tyres and Lada exhaust. You get what is there.

But, for building suits etc the gadget rules would work OK.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

It would be very useful to have a number of examples that people could use in their games immediately rather than building each item.

People are already complaining that the book is 400 pages long.

I think a list of "readymade" gadgets, while very cool, should be the province of an equipment book or in a setting book.

People are already complaining that the book is 400 pages long.

I think a list of "readymade" gadgets, while very cool, should be the province of an equipment book or in a setting book.

People are complaining?

What did they see it on the shelf, buy it and then get it home and think, "Wait a minute, this book is much thicker than it looked in the bookshop, it's a con, this is far too much value for my money, I want a refund!"

The general public eh?