Three questions about Clan Questionnaire

Curtis Cook

The newest version of HeroQuest has not answered three questions I've had ever since Hero Wars came out, so I'm hoping someone here can:

1) What is the God Learner name of The Lady of the Wild?  (By what name would a non-Orlanthi know her?)

2) Who are the chaos foes known as The False Friends?  (Do they have another name I might recognize?)

3) What is The Thing With Many Bodies?  (Does it have another name I might recognize?)

Sorry to bother you people with this, but these have been bugging me for a LONG time.

3 hours ago, Curtis Cook said:

1) What is the God Learner name of The Lady of the Wild?  (By what name would a non-Orlanthi know her?)

Heortling Mythology gives two names:  Velhara and Verala.

In the Guide, in the Gods Wall entry you can find: "Orogeria, the Great Huntress, Lady of the Wild, and Keeper of Life and Death".  Orogeria is also a Blue Moon goddess (though not Annila).

The Glorantha Sourcebook notes in regards to the Moon Deities: "ULURDA was the celestial huntress, the Blue Moving Planet that appeared before the Dawn.
She appeared in the Celestial Forest and stalked the Sky Bear, which had taken all the stars and animals. Ulurda caught it, but instead of killing it, she tamed it. She released the stars, and went among them in the Sky. Ulurda also lived upon the earth, and she was called Orogeria, the Lady of the Wild, and Keeper of Life and Death. She is associated with the Crescent Come Moon."

The last work is closest to a God Learner view so I'd take Ulurda as the God Learner name.

2) Who are the chaos foes known as The False Friends?  (Do they have another name I might recognize?)

Any that pretend to be friendly, but aren't.  I don't think they are ever named anywhere else. 

However, I'd probably draw on the Elmal myths from King of Dragon Pass.  See: Elmal Guards the Stead

Teller of Lies appears three times (as the Lost Love, the Blind Oracle, and the Empty Emperor) and seems a good choice.

3) What is The Thing With Many Bodies?  (Does it have another name I might recognize?)

It's the Thing With Many Bodies that appears in the Sartar Rising: Orlanth is Dead book.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Curtis Cook said:

Arachne Solara, I would guess. The God Learners are known to over-generalize and to get local detail completely wrong.

In addition to the names provided by Harald from Heortling Mythology, there is Tara in the myth where Ironhoof hunts here down.

• Like 2

Telling how it is excessive verbis

Thank you both for your useful replies.

I would've acknowledged them sooner but, although 'Notify me of replies' is enabled, it doesn't seem to be working.

EDIT:  All right, the lack of notification was my fault.  I am accustomed to e-mail notification, and that requires an extra step or two here.  I THINK I have my settings now so that I will receive e-mail notifications in the future.

Edited by Curtis Cook
figured something out
  • Like 1