Military Background for 1920s PC Veterans

10baseT

Hi Everyone, wanted to run this by you and get some feedback if you‘d be so kind. Can you take a look at the uploaded file and let me know what you think?

Here’s what I have. For those choosing a military occupation for their PC, this will provide historical 1920s detail so one can say, “I was in H Company, 2nd Battalion, 104th Infantry Regiment in the 26th Infantry Division and fought at Chateau-Thierry and Soissons”. (GMs can also use it for NPC backgrounds).

My goal is to make it easy for a player to flesh out a historical military background. And to provide anchor bits of information the players can use to research more if they wish. 

I have a lot written and use it for my group so I thought I’d share it. Let me know if you’d like to see more. If so, is it too much history, too much detail or not enough detail, change it or add, etc?

I’m going to be adding to it, like the rest of the divisions in the AEF, which will be shorter than those provided here. Then also units from other wars, ie, the Banana Wars, Philippines, China, AEF North Russia, then some Allied units, CEF, BEF, Czech Legion, White Russians… maybe not in that order,  it’ll be a work in progress.

Anyway, here are the first 3 units with some general WW1 info and a TOE. These units are a little longer because they have a more colorful background.

Thx, Gil

The netflix show Peaky Blinders is set in Burmingham 1919 and several of the characters are Great War veterans.It's interesting to see that version of things like taking 'work' back from women, soldiers respecting each other even if enemies,  and PTSD from trench warfare and the battle of the somme. 

The Show, incidentally, is about a crime family of British gangsters. Good drama and period piece. 

Cool, i'll have to check it out. BTW, i just uploaded an updated version. I added the rest of the 2nd division, then also added the 77th, 82nd and 90th divisions. Also edited the Marine brigade and the 42nd division (added Medal of Honor recipients, the PCs could have known them). I think next i'll added some aerodrome and naval info for those who are sailors or in the air services, naval or army... (there's no USAF at this time).