Orient Express Box Set question

klecser

I'll start by saying that HOTOE is the best role-playing product I've ever invested in.

I know that HOTOE 2015 was a Kickstarter and I know that Kickstarters often have exclusives that are never available at retail.

So I read in the "What's In This Box" sheet under "Not in the Box":

"Additional supplemental material can be found at www.chaosium.com.  This includes, but is not limited to, the Desk Accessories Kit, the Souvenirs from the Journey Kit, the Dining Car Kit, the Medallion of Ithaqua, plus the latest supplements...."

Is it safe to assume that information was included in the Box with the hopes that those products would be available for retail sale?  But they never got to retail and that's why I can't find any reference to them on Chaosium.com?

"

Most of the items you mention were AFAIK only ever produced in quantities sufficient to meet the needs of the Kickstarter, so I'd be skeptical about them ever being released as after sale items (even if that was the original attention).

The one exception to this is the Medallion of Ithaqua, which is available for purchase direct from the company Chaosium sub-contracted to make it: Mark Morrison's rather awesome Campaign Coins.

Dean (from Adelaide)

• Like 2

On 10/8/2017 at 8:40 AM, klecser said:

Is it safe to assume that information was included in the Box with the hopes that those products would be available for retail sale?  But they never got to retail and that's why I can't find any reference to them on Chaosium.com?

They were available for awhile on Chaosium.com (until supplies ran out... some even went on clearance). They did not continue to have additional lots manufactured though (likely due to lack of demand and/or capital). But if you're interested in more props, I have some tips here.