Notes on the Red Cow/Coming Storm

Grievous

I'm doing some preparatory background work for this and I've been mulling over a few things.

Some of the details concerning Ivartha's background raise a few questions. Her exile as part of the Split Waters feud seems a bit strange. Farandar prosecuted the very same feud and was rewarded by wealth and glory, pretty much at the same time. The following switch from Ivartha prosecuting the feud vs. the Maboder with so much fervor as to get her exiled to suddenly serving King Kathelranda in Torkan's Vale seems like a rather strange turn-around as well.

A sidebar notes that Valenstor Moor-Leaper, the chieftain of the Red Cow at the time, opposed the clan's involvement in Torkan's Vale, yet many went, following Ivartha. At this stage as per the text Ivartha is already exiled.  

Also, as in aside, Ortossi Ketilssson who accompanied Ivartha in exile would've been very young at this point. He was 15 when the feud ended (so possibly younger when he got into it), and then he accompanied Ivartha to Torkan's Vale. Certainly not impossible, but a bit strange. Speaking of his age, Ortossi is also quite old to have been fostered by Farandar's unnamed cousin. Farandar is 9 only years older. Again, perhaps not too odd or irreconcilable, but something I noted and found a little difficult to place (as I was jotting down notes for lineages within the clan).

7 hours ago, Grievous said:

Some of the details concerning Ivartha's background raise a few questions. Her exile as part of the Split Waters feud seems a bit strange. Farandar prosecuted the very same feud and was rewarded by wealth and glory, pretty much at the same time.

Perhaps she went too far in that feud and the Maboder would not settle unless she were also exiled?