Down Darker Trails Campaign resources and sub discussion group

karlhayden

• 5 weeks later...

Question: owning handcuffs or shackles has come up in the game as some of the characters are bounty hunters.  One thing I can't find on any of the numerous equipment lists in various Old West games or online are a price for handcuffs or shackles.  I'm probably going to fake it at $5 though I have no idea.  Anyone know of any resources for the cost in 1875?  Or a rough estimate or guess?

11 hours ago, Max_Writer said:

Question: owning handcuffs or shackles has come up in the game as some of the characters are bounty hunters.  One thing I can't find on any of the numerous equipment lists in various Old West games or online are a price for handcuffs or shackles.  I'm probably going to fake it at $5 though I have no idea.  Anyone know of any resources for the cost in 1875?  Or a rough estimate or guess?

Around 1900 they were going for $7.35. https://books.google.com/books?id=OHgh0mHgrWYC&pg=PA74&dq=shackles+prices+police&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiSy-Gc2MfZAhXHLmMKHYsQDPQQ6AEINTAC#v=onepage&q=shackles prices police&f=false

The value of a dollar in c.1900 was $27; in 1880, it was $22. I'd say $6-7 dollars is accurate.

I'm looking to build about 8-10 Down Darker Trails PC pre-gens. Anyone else looking to do the same and want to make it a group effort? Maybe split the work into 3 PCs each?

Looking for someone willing to go through the whole PC creation process largely by the book and use the nice fill-in pdfs. Answer here or PM me if interested. Thanks

Jack_Boles_PC_pdf.jpg.7e9ba332723347b1680ef4889ad91a43.jpg

On 2/27/2018 at 10:46 PM, jeffjerwin said:

Around 1900 they were going for $7.35. https://books.google.com/books?id=OHgh0mHgrWYC&pg=PA74&dq=shackles+prices+police&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiSy-Gc2MfZAhXHLmMKHYsQDPQQ6AEINTAC#v=onepage&q=shackles prices police&f=false

The value of a dollar in c.1900 was $27; in 1880, it was $22. I'd say $6-7 dollars is accurate.

Awesome!  Thank you!

• 1 year later...

My Down Darker Trails campaign (The Catastrophe Engine) is heading towards its conclusion.  Due to complications with schedules, it's broken into two separate campaigns in the last month, but I hope to finish The Catastrophe Engine sometime early next year after roughly two years and about 30 game sessions (probably).  Here's what I used for it so far:

Prologue - Ill Met in the West

The Evil Gun (Blood Brothers)

The Murders in Midnight

Terror on the Sequoyah Star

Dark Tongs of Chinatown

Worms! (Deadlands)

The Last Valley

The House on the Hill (Chill)

The Doom that Came to Devil's Gulch (Devil's Gulch)

The Abduction of Professor Marion Terwilliger

The Beast Under the Bed (Challenge Magazine)

The Causal Enigma or Strange Times in Gravity Falls

Through the Night (Dungeon Magazine)

The Spiral Crypt (online)

The Vengeance of Jack Parker

The Wolves of Wheeling or A Very Weisswald Christmas

Falls Run (Dungeon Magazine for Masque of the Red Death)

A Night at Black Knoll

Fire of the Orient

Independence Day (Deadlands)

Unwholesome Expectations

Good Thoughts

Those not noted are ones I ended up writing up myself.  I have one more scenario in the Catastrophe Engine Campaign to get done (the big conclusion).  We'll see how it turns out.

• Like 2