RQG Character Creation Spreadsheet (multi-lingual) now includes Weapons & Equipment! And 日本語! And Lands: Dragon Pass!

PhilHibbs

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

I have started pruning older versions. Generally I am keeping only the last of each numbered version available, because if I'm aware of a specific issue then I will fix it in a new beta. If you are using an older version for a specific reason and I have deleted it, then please let me know and I will see what I can do. But really you should be saving a blank copy in your own Drive account and cloning that.

Here's a version with JC content pre-enabled:

v1.11.2 Alpha 3:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Jcznv8R9MTcQfun0Pib2bD2CnAQv0hvybNWzAzTY_cE

Edited by PhilHibbs
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Jens said:

@PhilHibbs are you working on integrating The Lunar Way, or would you like assistance? Just added several of the Cults, happy to complete and send your way if that would help.

Yes I am, I haven't got around to it yet. Please do share!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PhilHibbs said:

Please do share!

Just finished transcribing and reviewing, attached as an Excel file. I included The Crimson Bat, even though the recommendation is not to use it for PCs, with my best guess at initiate skills.

One other note- for Seven Mothers, I'd change Mindblast and Regrow Limb to Special (part of the core cult), and remove Bless Maize (only given to Rune levels).

TheLunarWay.xlsx

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jens said:

Just finished transcribing and reviewing

On a quick check, it seems to be light on spells from associate cults. I think the intent is that all of the 7M are associated with each other, they didn't list that out per-cult. See:

7 hours ago, radmonger said:

I think the intent is that all of the 7M are associated with each other, they didn't list that out per-cult

I included every spell explicitly listed in each writeup, and double-checked them with the master list on the Well. https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/home/catalogue/publishers/chaosium/cha4034-the-red-book-of-magic/rune-magic-by-cult-and-associate-cult/ 

For me the key in the statement you quoted is that the individual MAY join those other cults as an associate, not that they automatically do, or that those other cults are included during standard Deezola worship ceremonies. Of course any Deezola initiate can go to a 7M temple, participate in that worship ceremony, and sacrifice a point of POW to learn any of the 7M spells; whether a new character starts with 7M spells is to me up to a conversation between the player and GM.

Take a look at the listing for Reflection, for example- you'll notice that Danfive explicitly grants the spell to 7M initiates, but not to the sub-cults. https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/home/catalogue/publishers/chaosium/cha4034-the-red-book-of-magic/rune-magic-by-cult-and-associate-cult/rune-magic-by-cult-and-associate-cult-r/

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello and many thanks for this great tool, it has helped me very much in creating my first character for Runequest! One quick "bug report"/question: I have created an initiate of Daka Fal, and as per the core rules, Daka Fal initiates should have access to all spirit magic - however, in the drop down menu on the CharSheet I have no options at all. I have tried the "Fill Spell Picks" option, but while I get spells with another cult (I tried switching to Chalana Arroy for testing purposes) I still cant select anything through Daka Fal. I am not sure if this is perhaps intended behaviour and I am just missing something, but in case this is a bug I wanted to let you know!

Thanks again for your great work!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Surodhet said:

...Daka Fal initiates should have access to all spirit magic - however, in the drop down menu on the CharSheet I have no options at all.

"All" is a big list, an endless one if you include supplements and Jonstown Compendium, so I didn't add it. Just type in what you want and ignore the validation error indicators.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

v1.11.2 Alpha 5:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CQzTH43Iv3e1ZH8ZOnuVmRd8hg5VP7gEDhQKlZqub6E

• Added in Lands of RuneQuest: Dragon Pass Occupations.
  • Added Newtlings.
  • Minor correction to some location hit points for very low values.
  • Probably some new Jonstown Compendium stuff but that might not be finished...
Edited by PhilHibbs
  • Like 1

• PhilHibbs changed the title to RQG Character Creation Spreadsheet (multi-lingual) now includes Weapons & Equipment! And 日本語! Lands: Dragon Pass in alpha (see last post)
  • PhilHibbs changed the title to RQG Character Creation Spreadsheet (multi-lingual) now includes Weapons & Equipment! And 日本語! And Lands: Dragon Pass!