Hero Points poll!

Trifletraxor

Hero Points, do you think they should be included in the rules?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Hero Points, do you think they should be included in the rules?

• Of course, they are used by the majority for a reason.
    • Yes, as part of the optional rules.
    • No way!
    • Pie?

Well the definition of a "good time" varies from group to group, I guess. My group associate "having a good time" with having intense experiences, choices, good acting and an immersive rather "realistic" world. (if you can say roleplaying and realism in one sentence) This implies death of unlucky or careless PCs too. Otherwise it would be unreal and would feel artificial. During the last 20 years I played sometimes such "carebear" games as player where our GM didnt let die the players because they were friends, husbands etc. or claiming that we "all want to have a good time (blablah)..." and they were not fun at all for me. (I had no good time with such games) They were not believeable, lack in authenticity and I always had the feeling that they were just shallow caricatures.

Well, my group plays gritty games and has no problem with character death if it happens. However, I still like the concept and have no problem with it. Most of our characters are heroes, whether saintly or vile, and thusly have an extra edge over 'normals' in the campaign worlds.

BRP Ze 32/420

hey, Enpeze, if you are ever in Seattle, look me up. I'm right there with you as far as game gimmicks like fate points go.:)

Ok. I if I am ever over there I will visit you surely. (and your cats too :))

I have been in the states one time, but only on the east coast (NY etc.) not in Seattle. Although in my youth a had friend coming from Seattle who was exchange pupil and lived in our house for several month. A nice guy.

Well, my group plays gritty games and has no problem with character death if it happens. However, I still like the concept and have no problem with it. Most of our characters are heroes, whether saintly or vile, and thusly have an extra edge over 'normals' in the campaign worlds.

No problem with me. In my post I just wanted to point out that "having good time" means different things for people.

Yeah, I just got side tracked big time with a new Savage Worlds setting, Solomon Kane, and it uses fate points, ads/disads and even cards...but damn its a good looking game! I think I can get over my prejudices for this one...

...and it will keep me from thinking and fretting about the new BRP book, meantime.

No problem with me. In my post I just wanted to point out that "having good time" means different things for people.

Hehe...no problem, it's all good. I just wanted to officially note that I do not play or GM the 'carebear' style of play or campaigns. ;)

BRP Ze 32/420