Xaragang Troll Warren in the Big Rubble - a Complete Adventure Site to explore, or trolls to play!

Baelor

I wrote this site up as the location my Brightwater Company characters wanted to raid. In our game, Bitriol, the Gorakiki matron is the same troll priestess who, working for the Lunars, set up a temple at Corflu to drive away the giant mosquitos with her dragonflies. A PC managed to kybosh that deal and she returned to her husbands and her warren, only to be attacked again by the same meddling umani.

The site works as a location for adventurers to "explore", and even includes the traditional "Found Object" Table, a feature I always loved in classic RQ products. But it could also serve as a home base for a Rubble-based troll party. Just write up some troll PCs with Trollpak and given them the Warren as home.

I have been thinking about giving the players of the Brightwater Company some of Bitriol's offspring to play for a session or two to see what they do.

https://d-infinity.net/game-content/runequest-thursday-203-xaragang-troll-warren

• Like 5

Go right ahead, Soltakss! Also - you have a map of the Big Rubble!!!????

Just looked - this is an awesome resource!

Feel free to add my Chaos Gang Hangout too, if you like. It is situated on the edge of the ruins by the Griffon Gate. There is a map of that part of the Rubble inset in the article itself.

https://d-infinity.net/game-content/runequest-thursday-201-chaos-gang-lair-loot-and-more

Edited by Baelor
  • Like 2

Thanks, will add them both at the weekend. I just need to copy the image, resize it, overlay on my master and trace over. Doesn't take long, apart from the resizing.

By the way, if anyone else has any locations in the Big Rubble, or special building in Pavis, then let me know and I'll add them to the maps.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

I have added both the Gargas Gang and Xaragang maps and linked them to the original web pages. Let me know if they need rotating or moving. I think the scale is about right, but scale in the Big Rubble is tricky.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

Not sites, but since I have written them, here are a couple of Big Rubble Encounter tables:

1d20 Encounters for the Big Rubble (in the comments, we got very near to d100 encounters):

https://d-infinity.net/game-content/runequest-thursday-156-1d20-things-find-big-rubble

Furner's Fields Encounters, many of them linked and statted:

https://d-infinity.net/game-content/runequest-thursday-202-encounter-tables-and-critters-big-rubble-north

• Like 3

Thanks for those.

By the way, I have added unnamed ruins from the official map, in a very rough way. It helps make certain things not stand out as much.

15 hours ago, jeffjerwin said:

Where is Iffinbix? any theories...?

I had to check on Google to find it, as I had forgotten about this.

The shrines could be dotted all over the Rubble, probably wherever a GM rolls that Encounter.

As to the actual village, it is separate from others, The Devil's Playground might be a contender, and it could be in the Garden, I suppose, and have been overrun, explaining why it was abandoned, but I would put it in the Main Ruins, nearest to Ogre Island, so not far from Old Walls, Mani's Fort and the Real City.

• Thanks 1