Dice from Investigator Handbook

Steve

Does anyone know which dice set (e.g. who makes it) is pictured on p.16 of the Investigator Handbook? I assumed they would be Q-Workshop dice, but they don't match any of the sets that I can find.

Normally I don't like dice sets with fancy patterns because I find them not immediately readable, but I like the look of the ones in the book.

Dice.jpg

Edited by Steve
  • Like 1

Actually, that IS the officially licensed 7th Edition CoC dice set made by Q-Workshop. It's just that they're no longer available in that color (if they ever were). It seems you can only find them in black/green now. Maybe the picture in the book is from a limited edition run or prototype? I don't know, but that is definitely the official 7th Edition dice set from Q-Workshop. Take a look here and you'll see that they have the exact same design, it's just the colors that are different: https://q-workshop.com/en/license-dice/652/black-green-call-of-cthulhu-7th-edition-dice-set-call-of-cthulhu-dice

Edited by Guest

Thanks @Augusto Antunes I see what you mean. That does look the the same design but in a different colour. As you say, perhaps those ones in the IH were just discontinued or were a prototype. Shame because I really like them. I'll poke about some more on Q-Workshop's site and elsewhere and decide whether I want them in a different colour. The black and green ones that you linked still do look quite nice.

I've emailed Q-Workshop to ask them. I'll let you know what they say.

Edited by Steve
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

As expected, Q-Workshop confirmed that they don't have these dice and guessed that they may have been prototypes. They did try, even checking with their warehouse to see if there was any chance of them having a set.

Shame because I'd buy them in a heartbeat. The ones in the rulebook (in my original post) are so much clearer and easier to read than the black and green set.

• Like 1

I'm with Steve. I generally do not like Q-Workshop dice because they are hard to read, although they tend to look great. I would definitely get this set if it existed. I'm not really into the black-green version. They also are more rounded which I do not like.

Edited by stadi
left out the last sentence, did not want it to be a new post.
  • Like 1