GORE

seneschal

The name alone intrigues me, but damned if I can find the thing?!?! Help?!!

EDIT: Bit of a whirl to find that!

http://basicroleplaying.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=138

Mike C.

"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."

~Dr. Ian Malcolm, "Jurassic Park" (1993)

Just finished gleaning through.

The name I absolutely love. Absolutely. Love. The first page narrative sets a fantastic atmosphere. The write ups for each of the creatures (or people) is also very well done! My only criticism would be the (necessary?) re-naming of certain creatures, or use of overly scientific names. The actual writing itself, though, really gives the feel of the old classics.

As a collection of creatures stats - assuming it was done - I would probably pick it up. I would definitely pick it up if it had some snazzy artwork that set the tone as accurately as your writing did (lots of black and white drawings, with dark shadows).

Overall, something to be proud of!

Mike C.

"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."

At risk of being a party pooper stats for some of these are already out there. I Think that CoC monster manual ( malleus thingimebob ) has stats for Megalodon and the MRQ Monsters II book has stats for Dimetrodon and Megatharium

Nope, I agree. Some of them have even been posted on these forums. If my co-author and I had managed to get things together faster we might have been able to beat the other guys. ;)

C'est la vie and all that. On the other hand.... if this is going to be a freebie or even a cheap PDF style thing then I'm sure that Chaosium wouldn't mind you using some of their material ( as long as you got permission etc etc ) as for the dinosaur stats, well you can copyright a setting but not a games system. After all MRQ stole chunks bleeding from RQ2/RQ3 and never gave any credit to the authors.

It isn't about mechanics. It's about setting and atmosphere. Mechanics or creature stats are a dime a dozen. This is - IMHO - well written.

In fact, you've inspired me to work on a D6 Horror game of my own and I don't mind saying I think it's going quite well. Thank you, Seneschal.

Mike C.

It isn't about mechanics. It's about setting and atmosphere. Mechanics or creature stats are a dime a dozen. This is - IMHO - well written.

In fact, you've inspired me to work on a D6 Horror game of my own and I don't mind saying I think it's going quite well. Thank you, Seneschal.

You're welcome. Thanks for the encouraging words. :)

And remember, when investigating strange nighttime noises in the darkened lab, if the main overhead lights won't come on, DON'T try to reach the switches for the auxiliary lights on the other side of the room. Call the cops; situations like these are why you pay those exorbitantly high sales taxes. :D

• 6 months later...

I saw on the forum a few days ago, at Goblinoidgames.com that someone was asking for some sci-fi material for the system.

Please find enclosed 2 word files that enclude the following items:

Prices for the laser weapons and armour.

Some alien samples.

And some equipment data I have used in my own rpg system.

I thought it could be used for the GORE system as well.

Please feel free to contact me either here or at Goblinoidgames.com

Regards

Stephen Yendle.

Scifi weaponsand equipment GORE.doc

ALIEN TYPES FOR GORE.doc

Edited by SMAY63