Crypts & Things d100

smiorgan

The Short Answer: Haven't I given you enough Swords and Sorcery with the three adventure books? Can't you roll your own Stormbringer Clone from OQ from the main rulebook? :D

Please can your OQ author rest and do other things :)

The Long Answer: 

I don't want to do C&T OQ. Its something I'm happy with and will carry on supporting down the years (the recent From the Shroud Kickstarter proved to me that there's still a market for it). Its too early D&D in many respects, despite the obvious RQ/Stormbringer influences in places.

No, if I'm going to do OQ S&S I want to write it from scratch. I want it intense. I want the near-superheroic mercenary types. I want playable Sorcerers who meddle with the dark arts and deal with demons. I want vast cyclopean ruins, filled with alien beings from the primordial past. I want a fragmented world with lots of big movers and shakers who can be the characters patrons or their nemesis.  And this will take time. 

• Like 3

Head Honcho of D101 Games
Publisher of Crypts and Things/Monkey/OpenQuest/River of Heaven
The Sorcerer Under the Mountain

1 hour ago, Newt said:

No, if I'm going to do OQ S&S I want to write it from scratch. I want it intense. I want the near-superheroic mercenary types. I want playable Sorcerers who meddle with the dark arts and deal with demons. I want vast cyclopean ruins, filled with alien beings from the primordial past. I want a fragmented world with lots of big movers and shakers who can be the characters patrons or their nemesis.  And this will take time. 

That sounds interesting. Take your time :)

• Like 1