Is there still any interest in the Shared World Project?

Rurik

Just wondering. Real life kept me away for a bit but as I have been dusting off some old projects I have some notes and map projects for the shared world. I also just got City Designer 3 for CC3, and Portal had always been the first city I was planning on mapping once that came out.

If there is some interest I'll post some of my thougts and ideas over in the shared world sub forum and start finishing up what I have for uploads.

I'm throwing this out in the main forum because judging by recent activity it might get completely missed if I posted it in the shared world forum.

Help kill a Trollkin here.

If there is some interest I'll post some of my thougts and ideas over in the shared world sub forum and start finishing up what I have for uploads.

While I am still interested, my own setting and campaign currently (and for

the foreseeable future, it seems) require all the spare time I have.

So, I would very much like to see your material, but unfortunately I am un-

able to contribute anything myself. :(

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

Welcome Back Rurik.

I have been working on the Green and trying to turn it into a monograph, with mixed success. I would certainly love to see what you have put together, but again, I am not sure if I will be able to put much time into anything. Several times I have thought about forgetting the monograph thing and just posting everything I have back into the shared world.

It would be cool to see the shared world concept get some love again. Maybe there are some people who were not around originally that would be interested.

294/420

I have been working on the Green and trying to turn it into a monograph, with mixed success. I would certainly love to see what you have put together, but again, I am not sure if I will be able to put much time into anything. Several times I have thought about forgetting the monograph thing and just posting everything I have back into the shared world.

It would be cool to see the shared world concept get some love again. Maybe there are some people who were not around originally that would be interested.

I encourage you to pursue the monograph, as it will have at least some financial reward, but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't love to see The Green in shared world.

I'll post a couple threads in the shared world forum including a rough world map proposal and some thoughts on geography.

I've penciled in an area for The Green based on some of the previous discussions about it and it's place in the world. For the time being I suppose it wouldn't hurt if there were a large area in the world that was undeveloped that say a Green monograph could just happen to convienently fit into. By coincidence of course.

Edited by Rurik

I think the 'Shared World' should in fact be separate campaign areas, with creative control retained by their respective authors (to which they could add others' contributions, if desired).

So, there would be Rurik's Portal, Puck's The Green, Rust's own setting (if he cared to publish), and whatever anyone else cared to add.

Individual GMs woud be free to combine them as they saw fit...

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

Please don't forget about your monograph. If you need help on various things I'm sure that we could all chip in to help you get it into finished form.

Thanks for the encouragement. I am still hammering away at it and several sections just came back from the editor, so things seem to be going full steam again. Sometimes I just get overwhelmed and I feel that it just will not get finished.

If you need help on various things I'm sure that we could all chip in to help you get it into finished form.

I may take you up on that as I start doing the final edits.

I've penciled in an area for The Green based on some of the previous discussions about it and it's place in the world. For the time being I suppose it wouldn't hurt if there were a large area in the world that was undeveloped that say a Green monograph could just happen to convienently fit into. By coincidence of course.

Excellent! If you need the map (it is basically the same as the original one) let me know. The Green should still be able to port pretty easily into any fantasy setting. It is not as vast as once discussed though. The area I am covering in the monograph is several hundred miles across about the size of the American South or Midwest. It does stretch to the south for an undetermined distance though(allowing for expansion).

294/420

Excellent! If you need the map (it is basically the same as the original one) let me know. The Green should still be able to port pretty easily into any fantasy setting. It is not as vast as once discussed though. The area I am covering in the monograph is several hundred miles across about the size of the American South or Midwest. It does stretch to the south for an undetermined distance though(allowing for expansion).

I'll take any maps you have. I put up a rough map idea for the Shared World based on one I had from way back with the Green on it but then found your Green maps in the Gallery and realised I had the coast wrong. I can fit it in about anywhere as there is no set shape to the world yet other than a big huge mountain in the middle.

I forgot that that map was there. The basics are all pretty much the same only the details have changed. I am using the first map, the close up smaller one with the details. The other one is just a rough of what I thought the rest of the Green may look like. I have written the details as if the people of the outer world are coming into the Green from the north, sailing past the Rockhorn and imagined that they were rounding something similar to the hump of West Africa. I believe I was ambiguous enough about the outer world to keep anything from being binding though.

294/420

I may take you up on that as I start doing the final edits.

I've donned my safari outfit, sprayed on too much mosquito repellent (cough! cough!)and have sharpened my machete. Now I'm ready to navigate the viridian sea that is The Green!:)

Edited by Conrad
Can you smell vegetation?
http://www.basicrps.com/core/BRP_quick_start.pdf A sense of humour and an imagination go a long way in roleplaying. ;)