Generating Family History for AD 439 or earlier

I should have some family history tables for you by the end  of the day.  I'll need  somewhere to send the document. I'ts mostly done. I'm filling in the "slow" years of Constatin's reign,  and fixing (lots  of) typos. It won't be pretty but it should be functional. It goes back from 367-438, and you will need to be careful about ensuring that sons are born before killing off fathers and grandfathers.

• Thanks 1

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

33 minutes ago, Atgxtg said:

It won't be pretty but it should be functional. It goes back from 367-438, and you will need to be careful about ensuring that sons are born before killing off fathers and grandfathers.

I'd like to thank you as well for your help.  I'd be happy to get a copy send to my email just for my own use if nothing else.  I'll pm you my email.  

No problem. Glad to help. Besides, I have hopes of one day using my early campaign stuff as the basis for an supplement.

Early Family History Tables emailed. They still have some typos  and bugs, but I wan ted to get them to you now, so  you have them to work  with, rather than polish them off and get  them to you late.

• Like 1

I'm not connected to this in any way, but I would also be super interested in getting a copy of that, if you're willing. I'm not in a place where I would want to try running this, but as someone who would be absolutely into a Book of Sires 2 (Sires Harder?), Book of Aurelius, Book of Vortigern, etc., I'd love to see what you've got; my email is REDACTED

Edited by Call Me Deacon Blues
removed email

3 hours ago, Call Me Deacon Blues said:

I'm not connected to this in any way, but I would also be super interested in getting a copy of that, if you're willing. I'm not in a place where I would want to try running this, but as someone who would be absolutely into a Book of Sires 2 (Sires Harder?), Book of Aurelius, Book of Vortigern, etc., I'd love to see what you've got; my email is azraelmacool@gmail.com

Yeah, I can send you a very rough Family History table that goes back to 367. It's got a lot of typos, and is in the old format- I haven't updated ito to be like SIRES yet.

Oh and please take down your email address from a public post, just in case.

Edited by Atgxtg

11 hours ago, DMMori said:

Email: coachrobertmori@gmail.com

Thanks again for your help

Email sent. I suggest you take your email adress down from the public forum just in case. You never know what spammer might stop by.

1 hour ago, Call Me Deacon Blues said:

Thanks dude. If I had time to correct some typos and maybe update some or all of it to the Sires format, would you want me to?

I wouldn't mind it. There are still a couple of things I'd like to do to it, but the further along it gets the better. I created it before SIRES and used it to generate the first set of characters in 410, and haven't had a reason to go back to it, as now the player  characters  are creating the family history.

1 hour ago, LandoTheArchmagi said:

I know both myself and DMMori would gladly appreciate it.

I hope what I sent was at least usable. Email me if you have any questions. The whole thing was kinda rushed, as I was squeezing in in between this weeks adventure with Attila the Hun, a letter from (Saint) Patrick, and a solo handout for one of my PKs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atgxtg said:

I hope what I sent was at least usable. Email me if you have any questions. The whole thing was kinda rushed, as I was squeezing in in between this weeks adventure with Attila the Hun, a letter from (Saint) Patrick, and a solo handout for one of my PKs.

My version of Microsoft Office said there was an error with the file, but once I told it to fix it, it seems to be intact and readable.  Looks fantastic at first glance through the 14 pages.  Thank you.  Hope your own campaign goes well with that foreshadow meeting Attila etc.

My version of Microsoft Office said there was an error with the file, but once I told it to fix it, it seems to be intact and readable.  Looks fantastic at first glance through the 14 pages.  Thank you. 

Glad to help. I wrote it in LibreOffice, which sometimes gives Word slight trouble. The two formats are compatible, but not completely, probably by design.

Hope your own campaign goes well with that foreshadow meeting Attila etc.

Thanks. It's not really a foreshadow meeting but a goodbye meeting. I started in 410 and an currently at 452. The PKs have meet Attila a couple of time already, but before he was given the title of Attila (it's  a nickname meaning little father, and not a actual name). So they kn ow him, but they d o not know that they know him. The Pks fathers actually helped foil an  assassination plot against him and are on his good side.

Last year the PKs were part of General Aetius' collation that defeat Attila at Chalons, and this year Attila will invade Italy while the  PKs are on a diplomatic mission to Ravenna, and the PKs will get caught up in the Seige of Aquileia.   Attila should win and raid most of the Po Valley  before retreating t o Cisalpine Gaul and eventually convinced to leave by Pope Leo. The PKs will be involved in some of that, meet Attila face to face once or twice, discover that he is they guy who their father's saved, possibly help to convince him to leave Italy. Attila dies over the winter and Aetius will be assassinated  in 454, so  this is the last appearance of both of them in my campaign, after being a major subplot in the campaign since the 420s. At this  point the Romans and Huns will fade out of the picture and the Saxons, Vortimer's revolt  and the career of Aurelius will become the next big things in the campaign.  

• Like 1