Encumbrance

Manu

Sorry if this was already discussed somewhere (I try to search but I didn't find what I was looking for)

If I read it well, the ENC if (STR + CON) /2 (but not more than STR). meaning that for a normal PC it could be around 14

If this PC wants to wear a chain mail (ENC 4), it is 4x7=28 ENC (without any weapon, shield and backpack). For each ENC above the ENC of the character, MOV is decreased by 1. Meaning than this PC cannot move.

Have I missed something? The minus 14% on some skill, I can easily understand, but the -1 MOV / ENC, I don't get it

48 minutes ago, Manu said:

If this PC wants to wear a chain mail (ENC 4), it is 4x7=28 ENC (without any weapon, shield and backpack).

I think you might be criss-crossing editions? Quickly skimming the armor table in RQG, I'm not seeing a chainmail option. Or, actually, anything with ENC 4; there's a bunch of 3's, and then segmented bronze plate cuirass at 5.

IIRC RQ3 had chainmail, etc., but it used a pretty different ENC system. One I remember liking quite a lot, but I never GM'd that system so I can't recall how it works.

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website