Butters

The Strangled kitten

Potential spoilers for The Alchemists Wife adventure,

So has anyone run the Strangled Kitten scenario and do they have any tips in avoiding it becoming a bloodbath?

images.jpg

As I remember it went something like this -

1. An alchemist fumbled and blew out the back wall of the inn when his philosophers stones went critical (much use of hero points to survive the blast without losing significant body parts) and left the building unconscious on a stretcher.

2. A Highwaywoman (and unbeknownst to everyone else a witch) took her leave by means of magickal flight.

3. A cavalier fop and samurai alchemist made a good fist of the start of the fight but eventually decided surrender to the enemy forces was the best chance of survival (even then it was a close run thing to get the players to even consider surrender and the threatening of innocent by-standers was needed to tip the balance)

This provided further hours of endless fun involving escape form prison, stolen iron horses, secret witchcraft, the usual crop of blind and deaf guards and a parliamentarian who found she could turn into a bear.

In seriousness the party must consider either surrender or flight as these are the only means of survival - a full blown fight means it's new character time.

• Thanks 1

Oops,

Think I got confused with another inn later in the campaign, they all blend into one after a while!

I think the Strangled Kitten episode only resulted in one PC getting possessed by a witch and a side quest of rescue whilst avoiding booby traps and undead in her farm house, my players tend to go off script at the slightest hint or minor clue from me, shame!

• Haha 1

My one was fairly tame they got the idea that the stranger/saboteur is maybe not the person they thought it was, the young lady was saved from a life as a "Flower seller" and they after a tense moment or to finally agreed that she would be safest in the care of Justice Cameron.

It was a little difficult to avoid bloodshed as the staff at the Kitten were all dodgy and as described old man Justice is creepy as hell and not the kind of person you would ideally let near a young lady let alone look after one.

And I really wanted to avoid a gun fight where a Justice of the Peace gets killed and having to deal with the fallout its a fun scenario but it does maybe need the G.M to say to the players "Think Agatha Christie not Bloodbath at the 9th Precinct"  

Edited by Butters