The End of the Pendragon Yahoo Group

Post acquisition by Verizon, Yahoo abruptly announced it would end its Yahoo groups service šŸ˜­Ā  Groups are now no longer accessible to the public, and there was a KAP players' group dating back to 2001 that was affected.Ā 

The good news is that Yahoo is allowing users who had belonged to the group to download its data until the end of January, which encompasses:

1. All emails sent to the group.
  2. The list of useful URLs the group had recorded.
  3. A number of player's aid files, including things like maps, house rules, compendia, etc.

I was a member of the group, and was able to obtain it.Ā  The Chaosium forums seem to be the new hub for KAP players, so does it make sense to share the files here?

12 hours ago, Ringan said:

Post acquisition by Verizon, Yahoo abruptly announced it would end its Yahoo groups service šŸ˜­Ā  Groups are now no longer accessible to the public, and there was a KAP players' group dating back to 2001 that was affected.Ā 

The good news is that Yahoo is allowing users who had belonged to the group to download its data until the end of January, which encompasses:

3. A number of player's aid files, including things like maps, house rules, compendia, etc.

I was a member of the group, and was able to obtain it.Ā  The Chaosium forums seem to be the new hub for KAP players, so does it make sense to share the files here?

I think so.

On 1/5/2020 at 9:38 AM, Ringan said:

Thanks Ringan for saving these materials!
I for one would be grateful if you shared the files here. Maybe the Forum administrators could find a more "suitable" accommodation for them, possibly in the Great Hall (https://greathall.chaosium.com/)?

Okay, got it: Link.

Sorry for my laziness inĀ getting it out,Ā but theseĀ areĀ the files from the group, along with Images, and Links to sites that may or may not be useful, all in the easy .rar format.Ā 

It should be noted that quite a fair amountĀ of this old material's been shared on other sites before, like the Pendragon Treasures pdf, but there are still things in there I imagine people would find usage in, such as the adventuresĀ and Spanish Material, therefore it is worth preserving for the future to own.

May the same terrible fate this info very nearly suffered not blight the Chaosium forums in our future.

• Like 1