Another cool Netflix show

Lloyd Dupont

I stumbled on that on Netflix yesterday and binged watched it all! :P 
Ragnarok https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9251798/

I really like the atmosphere of mystery, and suspens...

It's more of a murder mystery than a super hero movie, but the gods of old influence add another dimension to the already good story.. :)

It's a Norwegian show... I say that so you know to expect something different that the usual American action style...

This TV Show makes me want to utter the famous quote, "it's not paranoia, if they are really out to get you"! :D

Edited by Lloyd Dupont
spelling
  • Thanks 1

I am watching it again! 😮  (in the dubbed English version this time, watched this subtitle first time)

2 things I would critic....

- I don't get Isolde's father. At best, he seems to behave erratically.. 
- (spoiler) all the strange events that push the story forward (the poisoned water story line) seem to be completely avoidable and unnecessary (from the main character point of view)

Other than that it definitely seems set for a season 2.. can't wait!
What will happen to the Jutul family? What about Magne's dad and Isolde's mom? and what about these 2 strange old people in town?

Edited by Lloyd Dupont

I looked it up, and apparently it's a Danish show set in Norway. This explains the somewhat bizarre names (these are a mix of very old-fashioned and somewhat exotic names by Norwegian standards), why the characters have the wrong regional accents (it's as if a story set in the Deep South featured Minnesotan dialects) and why it doesn't have high ratings over here. 

Of course, this is all pretty immaterial for non-natives, so it might very well be entertaining otherwise.

• Like 1