Unspeakable Oath, Issue 1 RARE PREMIERE ISSUE

Wayne's Books

Thought this might be of interest to DG folks. I put up an auction (3 days left as of now) of the true 1st edition / 1st print of the Unspeakable Oath.

For the longest time, I thought the orange cover Issue 1 was "1st". Not so.

If you're more interested in the background and photos, see my blog post about Issue 1.

-Wayne

unspeakable-oath-1-1st-print-front-back.jpg

Edited by Wayne's Books
Added tags
  • Like 2
Sales site:          WaynesBooks.net
RPG reference:  WaynesBooks.com
Games Gallery:  WaynesBooks.games

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, TheHistorian said:

That would be news to me! I've seen only the first two.

Yeah, I just checked and three and four both have test printings, as I still have mine. These were given to contributors, apparently, which is why I still have mine. I still have my 1st print of issue 1 as well, but it looks like I'm missing my normal printing of #3, as all I have left is the test print copy. Oh well, ain't like I use anyway, but it's nice to have a "complete" set.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2020 at 9:53 PM, kross said:

Yeah, I just checked and three and four both have test printings, as I still have mine. These were given to contributors, apparently, which is why I still have mine. I still have my 1st print of issue 1 as well, but it looks like I'm missing my normal printing of #3, as all I have left is the test print copy. Oh well, ain't like I use anyway, but it's nice to have a "complete" set.

That's neat! Would you be able to share a picture?

44/420

Sorry, not able to take/post pics. Basically, the test printings were exactly the same thing as the final versions, but printed on cheaper paper; even the cover was just a normal weight. Plus I think they had a notice at the bottom of the contents page that this was a test printing for contributors in a total of X copies. I think those test runs were less than 20 copies or so.