Questions about BRP

OK, I don't really like making a new thread every time I come up with a new question, so from now on I think I'm just going to put all my questions into one thread.

So, I found the rules for Encumbrance and was wondering if there's an amount of weight a character can carry before they start taking penalties (maybe based on the character's STR or something), or is every point of Encumbrance counted towards the penalty?

A new question per thread is better otherwise the thread gets confusing.

Every point of ENC counts against the character.

If you want to be a nice GM then give them free ENC up to STR and then make everything count, but that would be a house rule.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Every point of ENC counts against the character.
In RQ3, "Counts" means the character takes a 1% penalty against skills. IIRC, BRP doesn't have that rule. I always thought it was a good way to handle ENC, but it's generally too much bookkeeping for my players.

Steve

Bathalians, the newest UberVillians!

In RQ3, "Counts" means the character takes a 1% penalty against skills. IIRC, BRP doesn't have that rule. I always thought it was a good way to handle ENC, but it's generally too much bookkeeping for my players.

Steve

To avoid the horrid images of mages and characrters relying on dodge fighting naked, I always allowed the first (STR+CON)/2 enc points to not impact on skills (except iirc swimming)