Yelmalio Rune Spells

Stephen L

We’ve a few Yelmalians in our group.  Whilst I understand that in the Gods War, he lost most of his powers, but, even so, his rune spells are quite sparse (the heal body, is pretty good, and fits with the “stays alive” despite everything).

However, all images of him show a spear and shield.  Perhaps I’m just biased by my real world love of iconography, but if those at least haven’t been taken away from him, then I’d wonder why he hasn’t a truespear and shield in his rune magic armoury?

• Like 2

He does have Shield according to Jeff, as an associate spell from Yelm. For some reason though it's not in the core, which is frustrating. He has pretty much the same stuff he had back in RQ2 and 3, which was fine because of how limited rune magic was, but now having such weak spells means he's pretty much unviable as a PC choice if you want to perform on the same level as initiates of the other fighter gods. His only decently good spell that's his own is Sunbright, and only then if your enemy's using darkness elementals or the troll types that don't like sunlight. I would love to give him truespear and/or sureshot. We know that he didn't lose his spear in the darkness, so his followers being unable to use it is frustrating.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1