The realm of Naveria

Sir_Godspeed

Back when I read the Entekosiad, I think I mostly read about Naveria as a goddess. 

Now I'm reading the Fortunate Succession, and Naveria appears in the periodical maps as a seemingly rather large (though not dominant) polity. 

Does anyone know anything about it? It occupies the Darsenite core areas, so I associate it with the Darsenite mother goddess complex (helps that Naveria the goddess is a part of that whole deal too, I think), but beyond that I know jack all.

Naveria is the region around Carantes, which is also known as the Red City and Hamados.

The original Naverians were a Golden Age people similar to the Dara Happans who had become influenced by Naveria and taken up old Wendarian customs to such an extent that they became less patriarchal.

What Plentonius calls the Naverians are actually the Lenshi, a horse-riding tribe lording it over the Darsenite and Naverian Cities.  They were originally your usual Kargzant worshippers but then after loosing a battle to the Lendarshi, they came to identify themselves as Naverians.  

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2020 at 5:50 AM, metcalph said:

Naveria is the region around Carantes, which is also known as the Red City and Hamados.

The original Naverians were a Golden Age people similar to the Dara Happans who had become influenced by Naveria and taken up old Wendarian customs to such an extent that they became less patriarchal.

What Plentonius calls the Naverians are actually the Lenshi, a horse-riding tribe lording it over the Darsenite and Naverian Cities.  They were originally your usual Kargzant worshippers but then after loosing a battle to the Lendarshi, they came to identify themselves as Naverians.  

Thanks for the comprehensive reply! 

I was of the impression that the horse warlords were largely kicked out of Peloria by the end of the Second Council, but these people are clearly sticking around for a longer time/have gone "native". Interesting!

• Like 1

On 7/7/2020 at 6:53 PM, Sir_Godspeed said:

I was of the impression that the horse warlords were largely kicked out of Peloria by the end of the Second Council, but these people are clearly sticking around for a longer time/have gone "native". Interesting!

Agreed, especially because Lendarsh seems to have stabilized ("unified" seems to strong) Peloria before the Dawn.

One of the things about Pelanda that always fascinates me is how much their religious traditions are overtly evolving throughout history and even before time.  Before Lendarsh, you have the groups surviving the Darkness in various ways, including Velortina, the debate about whether Natha & Daxdarius are High Gods, etc, etc, etc.  And after the Dawn, you have the Gbaji Wars, Spol, Carmania, the Lunars.... its a place with deep myth and magic, but its not stable.

• Like 1