Trying to get more info on Roll20

BradenP

Late last year, Chaosium seems to have kicked off a partnership with Roll20. Roll20 noted that we would see things like the investigators handbook in early 2020, but it still hasn’t made an appearance. Right now, I’m trying to figure out what IS coming to Roll20. I don’t need timelines or ETAs. I would like, as a potential customer, to have a general idea, as I’m looking at buying Chaosium PDFs, but if they are being worked on for Roll20 I can wait. Someone who is clearly with Chaosium stated on here that Masks would be coming to Roll20 at some point. Can any other be confirmed as coming at some point? For example, I’d be straight up ecstatic at the idea of Orient Express making it there someday. 

Edited by BradenP
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've found weird issues with the official CoC Roll20 character sheet. Some skills when you roll them it will give you the dice result and the skill value, other times you just get the dice result.

For example.

Jump, Fast Talk, Persuade all just show the dice roll, which is not a lot of use if your the GM and don't have the sheet open.

Where as other skill show the result verse the skill value, and if it is a Failure, Success, Hard Success or Extreme Success.

With some playing around just now I've figured out that while it shows the default value for the skill, unless you enter a value your self the comparison doesn't work so you have to manually enter a value for every skill even if it is just writing over the default value. Which is a bit of a pain.

I've switched over to using a fan built one that is much better with it's skill rolls even if it doesn't look as fancy. Most importantly you don't need to put the default values in manually for it to give you an actual result.

Admittedly there is no Compendium, but then there is nothing in the official sheets Compendium for me (I assume/hope that if you buy the Keepers book that gets filled), as I'm not paying $54.95 for the Keepers rulebook.  Shame you can't buy the Compendium separately.

Edited by TerryTroll

There seem to have been some intermittent issues with the 7th ed character sheet on Roll20 recently. I'm not sure if it's related to an update pushed out to the platform or what, but I've seen it off and on for the last couple of weeks.

It seems to occur more frequently with custom skills (rather than ones standard on the sheet), but I've also seen it happen with both standard skills and stats.