Must Watch Netflix Show

Jupiter Legacy!
Seriously guys, check it out.....

I learned about it in New Scientist (seriously, they have a reading and movie column at the end), just released on Netflix.

Started to watch it.. first episode I was unimpressed.. A little bit original, but acting or maybe psychology didn't convinced me enough.. and then... episode 2,3,4,5,6 went in a flash.. multiple story meshed together, some superhero story, some strange and foreboding story of madman and mystery in the 1920 that start as a flashback pitch in... the whole thing becomes.. captivating...
Event the imperfect psychology of the supers become.. interesting....

The trailer for you guys!

Jupiter’s Legacy | Official Trailer | Netflix - YouTube

Edited by Lloyd Dupont

Well, I hope it goes better than the recent Spanish remake of el Cid. That was roundly panned by Spanish and English speaking critics alike before I had a chance to watch it.

As you can tell from my [current] avatar /icon /whatever, I was a medieval reenactor for many years and Don Rodrigo Diaz de'Bivar [the man, not Charleston Heston] was a hero of mine, so I was very disappointed that it got 'tomatoed'.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, svensson said:

Well, I hope it goes better than the recent Spanish remake of el Cid. That was roundly panned by Spanish and English speaking critics alike before I had a chance to watch it.

As you can tell from my [current] avatar /icon /whatever, I was a medieval reenactor for many years and Don Rodrigo Diaz de'Bivar [the man, not Charleston Heston] was a hero of mine, so I was very disappointed that it got 'tomatoed'.

So, watch it anyway and let us know what you think.

I have learned not to listen to what critics say.

If I had listened to critcs I wouldn't have watched Mrs Brown's Boys ...

• Like 3

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

2 hours ago, soltakss said:

So, watch it anyway and let us know what you think.

I have learned not to listen to what critics say.

If I had listened to critcs I wouldn't have watched Mrs Brown's Boys ...

I don't listen to movie critics much either, save for the technical details... acting ability, camera work, etc.

In the case of el Cid, it was historians and national poets that panned it. 'El Cantar de mio Cid' [The Lay (or Tale) of el Cid] is the Spanish equivalent to King Arthur or Beowulf or Gilgamesh... It is their national epic and forms much of how Spain sees the Middle Ages. And just like Beowulf, the waters are very muddied by Hollywood's poor interpretations of the source material. And I LOVE Heston and Loren's 'El Cid' -- but it's oh so very wrong. It's just wonderfully, gloriously wrong. It's like The 13th Warrior that way. And like Heston's effort this new version was panned for being poorly written, taking extreme liberties with the source material, and spending too much time on the sex scenes.

Yeah, I'll eventually watch it. But I have lowered my expectations by a great deal. And WTF... if it's too bad, I have Arn: The Knight Templar on DVD 😁😂

Oh, and Mrs. Brown's Boys... the acting wasn't the best but the story HAD to be told. Everyone involved in the film did a good job, but the script tended toward melodrama a bit too much.