Classic Fantasy Revised PDF

threedeesix

I'm cross posting this so that it can be more easily found by others.

I don't know why Chaosium has yet to make available the fully revised version of Classic Fantasy when it was turned in over 2 months ago. But because I feel it is important to get the updated version in the hands of those that paid good money for it, I am going to send a PDF copy to those that purchased either the hard copy or a PDF from their website.

Please send me a private message letting me know you need it and I will send a response with a page related "proof of purchase" question. Think, 1980's video game copy protection, "what is the first word on page blah, blah".

Then include your e-mail address with your answer and I will send it out to you as soon as possible. Depending on response, it could take a day or so as it is a rather large file and takes my server about 45 minutes to upload it each time. Also, in the 30 or so times I have sent it out in the past, only one was unable to receive it due to limits on the size of files being received. In this case, my only option is to send in in two pieces.

Anyway, let me know if your interested and I'll get it to everyone that needs it.

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

Rod, you could use You Send It, the free trial version, and upload the file there.

Once people have confirmed that they have bought the print version or the PDF,

you could send them an e-mail with the download link, and they could download

it whenever it suits them (within 14 days after you uploaded it, that is), which

would take the burden away from your server.

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

...you could send them an e-mail with the download link...

But then, as Mr L is probably too polite to mention, he'd be trusting them not to pass on that link to others...

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

But then, as Mr L is probably too polite to mention, he'd be trusting them not to pass on that link to others...

He has to trust them not to make and distribute copies anyway ... ;)

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

Rod, you could use You Send It, the free trial version, and upload the file there.

Once people have confirmed that they have bought the print version or the PDF,

you could send them an e-mail with the download link, and they could download

it whenever it suits them (within 14 days after you uploaded it, that is), which

would take the burden away from your server.

This is a good idea and I'll look into it if things get too out of control. Thanks for the info.

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

He has to trust them not to make and distribute copies anyway ... ;)

True. Though some who wouldn't cross that line might be willing to just share a link...

But it's academic, anyway. Classic Fantasy customers are all of the noblest breed, for sure! :)

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

Ok, I've sent out no less than 20 copies over the weekend so this seems to be working fine. Now that it's "officially" out there and anyone that purchased it will have access to it, please post any comments or questions in the usual place...

http://basicroleplaying.com/showthread.php/1645-CLASSIC-FANTASY-A-Return-to-the-Dawn-of-Roleplaying

That way it will be more easily found by other interested parties.

Rod

• 3 years later...

I own the original classic fantasy, and would like to know where to purchase the new version (I like having all my things on paper)- The current problem I've been having is that Chaosium doesn't even list the original!

The main thing I've been using Classic fantasy for is the races and spells, mind you, but I think owning the whole thing would be a benefit to me.

I own the original classic fantasy, and would like to know where to purchase the new version (I like having all my things on paper)- The current problem I've been having is that Chaosium doesn't even list the original!

I know that Chaosium lets their Monograph print runs go out of stock and then periodically brings them back again.

You may want to send them an e-mail asking them when and if it will be reissued.

aaron@chaosium.com

charlie@chaosium.com

or call them

Tel: 510-583-1000

Rod