The staff of Joseph of Arimathea, bearer of the Grail

Is there any really juicy lore about the Holy Thorn of Glastonbury?  One of my PKs has a thing with it, and I'm looking for cool stuff I can weave into the story.....

either e/em/eir pronouns OR fey/fem/fear OR be/bim/bos pronouns {if you don't want to learn new words, singular they is OK}

My Patreon for RPG writing and streaming ; Lucifer's Shards: Sub-Creations Taking Root in Ein Soph Aur {an rpg blog} ; Find me on social medias

"So I don’t even want to hear about reality. I don’t want reality. Reality will only ever be exclusionary." --Aevee Bee, "Toward a Cutie Aesthetic"

I posted a bit of stuff easily found on the web on discord.  The legend itself should give you some ideas of what you can do with it.  Perhaps the blooms arrange themselves a bit differently this year, when viewed from a certain angle, points towards the location of the Grail itself.  Perhaps, when ground into a powder and mixed with blood and holy water, can create a solution that can absolve sins like a priest can. How magical do you want it?  The actual history, woven into folklore, is interesting.

• 4 months later...
On 9/3/2021 at 3:16 AM, Merlin Monroe et alia said:

Is there any really juicy lore about the Holy Thorn of Glastonbury?  One of my PKs has a thing with it, and I'm looking for cool stuff I can weave into the story.....

My grandma had a cutting allegedly of the Holy Thorn.  It was gifted to her after she participated in a secret Jacobite gathering conducted at midnight in her childhood that happened in Western Australia.  Go figure.  Apparently the thorn is a symbol to all who keep to religion in the face of persecution, and was linked to the Stuart dynasty and their covert Catholicism, but I only found that out a lot later.  The funny thing is, my Grandma wasn't Catholic.  Perhaps that is why it eventually died?  Or it might have been that someone forgot to water it...

Edited by Darius West